Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got any experience with the Kershaw Speed Bump or Spec-Bump knives? I noticed on SMKW's website that they have both but the Spec-Bump is almost twice as expensive. Is it twice the knife?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have experience with all three of the Bump knives. I do love my Kershaws. I have owned two out of the three colors of the original Bump (The high-end ones that are out of production) and the Spec Bump. The Spec Bump is an outstanding knife, and it is actually quite reasonably priced for what you get. The Speed Bump is much lower end. The Spec Bump is S30V with G10 handles that have the best grip serration pattern on any knife I've had (Well, Spyderco's "Volcano" pattern in their FRN is really close). The Speed Bump uses Sandvik 12c26 and generic plastic and aluminum. It's not a bad knife, and the design is the same, but the materials on the Spec Bump are way better.

Or you could spring even more and get one of the originals, if you can find one. Titanium framelock handle. I prefer the framelock version.

My favorite dealers are New Graham and Grand Prairie Knives.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I chose the Spec Bump -- little bigger knife with better materials as noted above. I think it's reasonably priced for what it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts