Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video bugs me. People being dumb and irresponsible with firearms breeds injury and death and then anti-gun legislature. What are your opinions here based on the complete scenerio?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3MzhWQDZOo

·
Registered
50 Posts
At least they won't be able to hit what they're aiming at.........I think it looks like kids doing it as a gag. Both are using the "gangsta" hold while one has his hat on sideaways...at least the weapons looked like they were kept pointed either downrange or in a safe direction.

If the media got a hold of it, they'd probably be swarmed as the nexct "Columbine" killers.

Jake

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
What's scary is it reminds me of those pre-Colimbine (sp?) tapes.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
For a moment I thought this was a video of some of my students! Then I remembered that particular crew is still cooling their heels in county lockup for armed robbery....

You folks notice any hearing protection?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nope, I didn't see any hearing protection either. What was the point? That they thought they looked 'cool'? Pointless if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Baby Hulk said:
Nope, I didn't see any hearing protection either. What was the point? That they thought they looked 'cool'? Pointless if you ask me.

I think my point is that unless I'm under life or death situational stress, it'd be hard to rip through a mag of 9mm and have another one going next to me and not react in some manner of discomfort after I got done. These kids were relaxed and joking...etc. Now granted they may already BE deaf from listening to the crap they do on their i-Pods and such, but I'm vaguely suggesting the whole thing may have been staged. I used to rock-n-roll on everything from an M16 to an M-60 to a .50 cal BMG with no ear protection when I was shooting....blank ammo....:theyareontome:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
They MIGHT have been old enough to have the guns, hard for me to tell. Everyone looks 12 to me these days.

On the other hand I'd just as soon have them keep shooting like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know bout those two characters but my 11 year old brother would know better then that. I have had my Lil' bro shooting for 2 years started with bb guns then .22Lr then 30.30 and even likes shooting my 303 British(with good accuracy also) and this past few months i have gotten him to shoot my 1911 with comfort and some accuracy. if you teach them young and right then they will NEVER do something that stupid.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
no aiming involved. Very nice.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Rat-a-tat, tat, tat, gansta style. Thats the shiznit now-a-days biaotch.
Every gun should have a idiot meter built into the grip, so if your a idiot you can't shoot it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Real stupid, most of the hood rats that shoot don't hit what they aim at because they don't practice. This is sad because first where did they get the pistols and second where are the parents?:aargh4:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sorry, exsoldier....I realize the point of your post (mea culpa!), I was responding to the pointlessness of their 'show-boating.'

·
Registered
563 Posts
It reminds me of the Columbine Idiots. Without supervision, or a sense of responsibility, it’s just a couple of punks thinking they have some power.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had a problem hitting the target when practicing my "Gangsta grip" So I had a Smith add some sights on the right side of my slide.

·
Registered
280 Posts
just a couple of kids having fun shooting is what i see, im sure they were shooting at targets or some safe backstop, although they won't be able to be accurate shooting like that, i watched a few punks at the local gun range here in Bellevue, WA shoot with their guns sideways with a target 10 feet infront of them, from a magazine clip of 17 from a 9mm, only one bullet made a hole in the target 10 feet away, one freakin hole, not an effective way to hit targets!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I too have tried this "method" of shooting...once.
seemed so foreign to me and i could not really adjust my point of aim with the world being turned 90 degrees.
tried it once, have NO desire to try it again.
a waster of ammo IMHO

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
fitznig said:
just a couple of kids having fun shooting is what i see, im sure they were shooting at targets or some safe backstop, although they won't be able to be accurate shooting like that, i watched a few punks at the local gun range here in Bellevue, WA shoot with their guns sideways with a target 10 feet infront of them, from a magazine clip of 17 from a 9mm, only one bullet made a hole in the target 10 feet away, one freakin hole, not an effective way to hit targets!
There's a pair of guys that do this at the range I use in Paris, KY. They load up and then shoot as fast as they can at about 7 yards and are lucky to hit the target 3 times (15 rounds) in a revolution. Honestly, I can't believe the range people let them continue shooting there, but it's not my range, so I just try and get a lane away from them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BlueLion said:
Real stupid, most of the hood rats that shoot don't hit what they aim at because they don't practice. This is sad because first where did they get the pistols and second where are the parents?:aargh4:
Very true, that's how a lot of innocent bystanders get killed because gang members don't know how to properly fire a gun.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not the most useful PR!!!

Vid shot I assume for solely ''coolness'' - despite fact that they look like somewhat irresponsible idiots!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts