Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting on my kid to finish basketball practice, so I ran to Academy to browse. I saw the Taurus Millennium Grey and Stainless pistol in the case. Wow, now this is a great looking firearm! I hear they are pretty good guns, especially for the price. But, oh what a looker this pistol is. :35:

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I suppose. I personally don't find it attractive, but I also could care less what my guns look like. Form follows function for me.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
I like Academy! However now might be a good time to review and become familiar with Taurus's legendary customer service for warranty work:rolleyes:

Reactions: Black Arch Holsters

·
Registered
617 Posts
The experiences I've had with Taurus semi-auto, I'd pass - unless they've made improvements. Nah, I'd still pass.

I have a Taurus revolver - never had an issues with it. I rarely do, but trust it enough to carry.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I suppose. I personally don't find it attractive, but I also could care less what my guns look like. Form follows function for me.
I understand, but Im completely opposite. I want things to function well, but I want everything to appeal to me as well. Whether its my home, car, clothing or significant other. I have to like the way it looks. :yup:

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Esp as they take sig 226 mags and you can get one with a good laser for 260 or just the gun for 200

·
Banned
122 Posts
How much was it at the store? We have one opening in Greensboro April 14th and I can't wait. My LGS has on for $265 which I think is a little high.

BTW, I EDC a solid black G2 and will for a long time (until i get the gray...). It has been flawless and just feels and shoots great. Taurus got this on right.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
How much was it at the store? We have one opening in Greensboro April 14th and I can't wait. My LGS has on for $265 which I think is a little high.

BTW, I EDC a solid black G2 and will for a long time (until i get the gray...). It has been flawless and just feels and shoots great. Taurus got this on right.
Purchased non from BudsGunShop a couple years back for $209 shipped. Not sure how much the stainless is going for now days.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
All black? If so yes they are around $200. The only gray/stainless I've seen was $265 (which is still not bad for a 12+1 9mm)
Keep in mind this was a couple of years ago, but I purchased two of them. One in black (I forget from who) for $199, and the other one with the stainless slide from Buds for $209. $265 isn't too bad of a price for a LGS buy; however, a $65 difference for a stainless slide is to much IMHO. TPlus that's to close the the Ruger's and Shield's price... Their online price anyway..

·
Banned
122 Posts
Keep in mind this was a couple of years ago, but I purchased two of them. One in black (I forget from who) for $199, and the other one with the stainless slide from Buds for $209. $265 isn't too bad of a price for a LGS buy; however, a $65 difference for a stainless slide is to much IMHO. That's to close the the Ruger's and Shield's price... Their online price anyway..
Agreed

·
Registered
100 Posts
the one and only G2 I picked up had the absolute worst trigger I've ever felt in my entire life. yes I find it aesthetically pleasing, and the 12 round capacity is not bad, and it's very concealable, but I would have a hard time actually forcing myself to practice with that garbage trigger and I would never buy it because a handgun I am not versed in is almost as useless as a handgun I don't own.

·
Banned
122 Posts
the one and only G2 I picked up had the absolute worst trigger I've ever felt in my entire life. yes I find it aesthetically pleasing, and the 12 round capacity is not bad, and it's very concealable, but I would have a hard time actually forcing myself to practice with that garbage trigger and I would never buy it because a handgun I am not versed in is almost as useless as a handgun I don't own.
You know what hey say about opinions :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts