Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh this hurts man! I went for a mere stroll down the isles of a gun shop....and.....well,.....you know the story. It followed me home! Once I explained everything to the lil lady, and promised to feed it, I have to do a little more research about break in and then.....well you know.....!!! Happy Fathers day to all of you!!:wave:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
sweet happy daddy's day

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experiences with the aluminum frame on these? Seems as though they are as tuff as steel, just lighter (7oz.) But I can't help worring a bit about stress cracks in time. Thanks.....Gary

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Don't know about the aluminum, but I do know a good looking piece when I see one. That appears to be one to these eyes. As they say, it is better to give than to receive (nobody ever said giving to yourself doesn't count).

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
gunsavey said:
Does anyone have any experiences with the aluminum frame on these? Seems as though they are as tuff as steel, just lighter (7lbs.) But I can't help worring a bit about stress cracks in time. Thanks.....Gary

Colt has made Aluminum framed guns for years with no major problems so it shouldn't be a issue

haven't had any problems with my springfield lightweight but i did with a 1911sc smith when they first came out

·
Registered
569 Posts
Man! That is Swweeeet! Much better fathers day than mine will be I am so jealous.................

Very nice

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
looks good. the frame should not be a problem. just go and shoot it. have fun.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice! no prob with the frame, Kimber tests them at 20K rounds and I know people with 50k through there's and other than the coating showing wear the frames are solid.

I have a UCDP and know problems.

Ti

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Forgot Earlier that i emailed Springfield when i first got it and asked what i should expect on the Frame ..

Nice lady emailed me back and said they didn't have a figure but just shot the Hell out of it as it had a lifetime warrenty.

Now if you get a lot of wear right out of the box i would be worried there will be some but shouldn't be a ton

Then just keep shooting and check it as you would any other 1911 as you clean it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the comments guy's! Bud White,...That makes me feel a whole lot better. Ti Carry Thanks also... Bags,......Your the one that got me the fever! I knew after shooting yours, I was going Kimber!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You are too lucky! That is my all time favorite 1911 and I've been drooling over one for 4 months now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drooling

I know what you mean '75 Scout!!! I did the same thing, and when you finally get it and sit down with it in your hands.....get a couple of paper towels cause your going to find drool orifaces in places you didn't know about....! Good luck and I hope you get yours soon.:hand10:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts