Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one? Comments? Looks like a quality piece.
I might buy one if they become available in a 3"
Hickok45 just posted his review.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Nope, haven't shot one. Nope, don't have one. Yep, would like to do the first part & then...deCIDE on the second part! :hand5:

·
Super Moderator
18,034 Posts
Nope, don't care for the DAO.

Reactions: wizard7mm08

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I havent come across one in the wild yet, but it seems to be a nice little revolver. Honestly, I'm just happy to see a manufacturer throw its hat into the revolver ring - love to see some more follow suit...love to see S&W and Taurus bring back some discontinued models like the .327 snubbies and the S&W Night Guard series for example. Maybe a K frame sized 8 round .327 magnum???? I'd buy one. Or two :)

As far as this particular Kimber? I'm with MSGT/RET - I prefer my wheel guns with hammers. I like having options - but I do love the recessed chambers and the 6 round capacity. If it sells maybe Kimber will release different models/options...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It looks interesting but, I'm kind of cheep. I can live with my J-Frames or my SP 101. I wouldn't shoot 357 anyway. Since I normally carry Two Five shooters plus reloads a Six shooter is no big deal. If I decide to carry One gun I have a Seven Shot Taurus Snub I could carry.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have had one since day after Thanksgiving. The build quality is top notch and the trigger is as smooth as butter. I got it on the range and shot some .38 special out of it. Shoots point of aim at 10 yards. Cylinder lockup is nice and tight. I can't find anything wrong with this revolver. It's pricey, but only you can decide if it's worth it. I love it and have no regret in buying it at all. I know there are less expensive revolvers, but they were not what I wanted. Reviews are starting to show up on the web and so far they have been good. 10mtn find one and just try the trigger out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I hadn't held one .. But size wise it looks bout like a Rossi 461 357 mag which is closer to a "D" size...

I do like my revolvers .. I just can't afford one .. If I handle one ,and like it . I may sell a couple of revolvers to purchase one ..a well made , concealable 357 mag has a potential of replacing a couple revolvers ....

Im glad to see a top notch revolver built . In this semi world

·
Registered
844 Posts
This fits the bill at a handsome price. I know that there are cheaper guns in the same class, but I would venture that a lot of us own guns that when we bought them we could have gone "cheaper" but we bought what we wanted (such is our God given right). I'll admit it was an emotional purchase for me.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Registered
651 Posts
While expensive it's no more expensive than an S&W performance center revolver. And those haven't been very good lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
I kimber I have two 45acp 1911 and glad to see their getting into something new.. But 975.00?? I think I would buy another 1911 Just saying

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just finished watching Hickok45's video review. Looks to be a nice looking piece. I like the recessed cylinder. Not really a fan of DAO but it's not a deal breaker.
But for $900, I think I'll pass. I can get a S&W 686 4" for that money & I like a nice Smith wheelgun (who doesn't).

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I have had one since day after Thanksgiving. The build quality is top notch and the trigger is as smooth as butter. I got it on the range and shot some .38 special out of it. Shoots point of aim at 10 yards. Cylinder lockup is nice and tight. I can't find anything wrong with this revolver. It's pricey, but only you can decide if it's worth it. I love it and have no regret in buying it at all. I know there are less expensive revolvers, but they were not what I wanted. Reviews are starting to show up on the web and so far they have been good. 10mtn find one and just try the trigger out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I might be pleased with the trigger, but it's academic. I'm not a trigger snob. I find no fault with the Gen 1 LCP triggers, nor Glock triggers (except the G43 which wasn't bad, just different than my other Glocks), nor DAO revolver triggers.

It's also a moot point financially - couldn't afford it even if I was interested. Medical bills piled up from two special needs kids mean, if anything, I might be selling some guns off...not buying. Have to dip into our retirement funds...but at least we have the funds to dip into, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, enjoy the revolver. It is a handsome piece.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts