Defensive Carry banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have an Alabama pocket holster for my k6s and find it to be very comfortable in jeans, but I can't imagine trying to pocket carry it with dress slacks. I personally wouldn't pocket carry anything more than 15 or so ounces in dress slacks, but then, I don't wear slacks anymore, so I ain't gotta worry about that. I can pocket carry anything up to around 30 ounces in jeans with no problem. It's just a matter of getting use to the weight. I pocket carried my sp101 for years (27.5 ounces). Although here lately, I've mostly been carrying it sort of cross draw.

Your right, the K6S is a mighty fine revolver, I love mine. I put some wood grips on mine to make it more carry friendly.
I like those wood grips. Are they Altamont? I don't carry appendix, so If I'm going to carry IWB or OWB it will be at 4 o'clock.

Yes sir, they are Altamont.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
It certainly would not be for me, not even close.

However, what I have come to accept - grudgingly - is that there is very nearly no pistol that someone here does not identify as being a "pocket carry" option. The handguns that pass as "pocket carry" used to surprise me.......no more. Uncle. I get it. Some people apparently just have much, much bigger pockets and belts and immunity to weight than I do.
Pockets? I ain't got nothin' in my pockets....

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I have some of these pants, Cabela's 7 pocket hiker, the small pocket added directly over the front pocket is an asset to breaking outline.
If I worked where business casual but with shirt tucked was required (and carry not illegal) pants like those be 1st pick for pocket carry.
Smart carry would work okay with those type pants too, maybe pleated dress pants, doable to add a Shield or Kahr P9 with that pocket gun.

Reactions: drmordo

·
Registered
607 Posts
It certainly would not be for me, not even close.

However, what I have come to accept - grudgingly - is that there is very nearly no pistol that someone here does not identify as being a "pocket carry" option. The handguns that pass as "pocket carry" used to surprise me.......no more. Uncle. I get it. Some people apparently just have much, much bigger pockets and belts and immunity to weight than I do.

Admittedly, for me, I can't see much past an LCP as a comfortable daily pocket carry. But history on these forums has shown me, what is a "pocket gun" is solely in the eye of the holder.
On a whim, I found that my Defender (.45 ACP) fits nicely in the pocket-carry holster for the P365. And it's not too bad in the pocket, either. So I could 'conceivably' use the Defender as a BUG. My thoughts, however, is that if I feel that I need to bring 8 rounds of .45 as a back-up (In addition to perhaps 22 rounds of .45 with primary), perhaps I shouldn't be going there in the first place... But it IS available.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts