Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received an AIWB holster this week for my K6S made by Tucker Gunleather in Texas. I've purchased a couple of holsters from them before, and they're especially good for making holsters for firearms for which off the shelf holsters may not be available.

I was impressed by the rigidity of the holster as well as the adjustability and retention of the pistol. I am not crazy about the single clip, which is all they had available, but I will probably replace it with soft loops in the near future. The holster is completely silent when walking around and of course, on the draw. Overall quality and workmanship are excellent.

The holster rides exactly where I want it with a straight drop. Due to the small size of the current grips (Hogue rubber) getting a good master grip on the pistol is going to require a bit of practice.

Conditions were nice at the range at 7:00 AM; 69 degrees, light breeze, and nobody else at the pistol bays. My wife practiced with her P365 and I spent all my time shooting the Kimber.

The best draw time I could pull off was 2.71 seconds drawing from concealment. We shot sequences of two rounds to the body, one to the body and one to the head, and two shots to the head. I had a few misses on the head shots, which definitely will require more practice.

All in all, I like this revolver a lot.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice holster, I really like the color. What color is that?
I have about 6 of their holsters. I really like the HF-1
They are great folks to do business with. I also have 2 of his gun belts. Also top notch.
I think they called it "coyote." I also have an HF-1 for my Colt 1911.

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Very nice Raven. I've got a IWB holster from them for my S&W 629. Tucker makes "good stuff"!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
301 Posts
An under three-second draw is pretty good just starting out. Continued dry fire practice for a few weeks should get that down to two or under in no time.

-------------------------------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have had a few items from Tucker great stuff and I find them at the monthly Saxet gunshows......when we have gunshows that is.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's a nice looking holster. Thanks for sharing and uploading the pics.
Your belt looks like it's a Kore belt

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a nice looking holster. Thanks for sharing and uploading the pics.
Your belt looks like it's a Kore belt
It's a Nexbelt, which is similar.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
They copied the Silent Thunder, which is a design that works well. For me, it looks like it’s on th edge of too low to get a good grip in a hurry. The clip style limits adjustability.

Hope it works for you. My Shield or J frame are all I can appendix carry on my little body.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They copied the Silent Thunder, which is a design that works well. For me, it looks like it’s on th edge of too low to get a good grip in a hurry. The clip style limits adjustability.
Thanks for pointing out the height issue! The rubber grip seems to be a bit "clingy" to even the synthetic undershirt I was wearing. The size of the pistol seems to be okay for carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts