Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend asked me about the Kimber KPD polymer DAO pistol, and I had to admit defeat. Having never heard of it, i consulted google and could find nothing factory related, except that supposedly Ruger bought the design and made it the SR series. Does anyone know anything about this gun? My friend is interested purchasing one for his kimber collection, but I cant even confirm they actually shipped any of these.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Never heard of it, but not being a Kimber fan, I don't browse their website, or follow their products. Best bet would have your friend contact Kimber direct and see what the story on the gun is.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Kimber actually had it on their site years ago. I don't think they released it though. It wasn't the greatest looking either.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Vaporware for the most part. Never released commercially on a widespread basis.

HOWEVER - I remember reading a post on some forum a while back - until then, I never knew that a few had trickled out onto store shelves. Someone posted a photo of one they owned.

So, there were at least a few that made it out, apparently. But for whatever reason - its gone....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts