Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon one of these today and I’m intrigued. It came out of Kimbers first plant in Colton Oregon. The action feels tight and doesn’t show much use. The bluing and the walnut are from back in the day and are exceptional. Truly. This one has clearly been a safe queen. It’s matched with Swarovski glass of the same circa. It’s a hell of a handsome rifle.

Does anyone have personal experience with this model?

(I also looked over a German made, 16 double with a 257 Roberts slung below the 16 gauge tubes. Oh mercy was it a beauty)

Thanks for any input on the 89.

·
Super Moderator
18,888 Posts
Oh my!

Both of those sound good to me.

The original Kimber rifles were well thought of back in the day. They looked good. I never got to play with one or be around one when it was on the bench. In the grand .30-06 ya' can't go wrong.

16 gauge over .257 Roberts; be still my heart!

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my!

The original Kimber rifles were well thought of back in the day. They looked good. I never got to play with one or be around one when it was on the bench. In the grand .30-06 ya' can't go wrong.

Bryan, I wondered if you might pick up on this one. Thanks for the input. This one is surely a fine specimen. There are a few comments out in the galaxy about Kimber having over enthusiastic smiths, back then, that polished the mechanism to the point of sloppiness but I saw no such evidence. And yes, the caliber is apple pie and for good reason.

The Drilling shotgun......oh my. Engraved and immaculate.

·
Super Moderator
18,888 Posts
I think you really should get both.

Then let us see them here and read a nice shooting report.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Oh my!

Oh WOW! Both sound good. I don’t know about the Kimber but the 16ga combo sounds awesome. I’ve heard about them but never seen. However, if I had the chance and money, I’d take the combo. It’s a hard decision for sure. Good luck.😄😎

Reactions: svgheartland

·
Registered
42,968 Posts
16 gauge over .257 Roberts? Obsolete firearm. Offer them $50.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
20,635 Posts
Both sound great. Let us know when you get them.

Reactions: svgheartland
1 - 9 of 9 Posts