Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are on sale Fri morning at Bass Pro.. its 70 miles from here, and I would have to be there between 5 and 11 am to get that price.. 6 hour Black friday only sale. I am considering it.. Thats a great price on a Kimber... However, I really want a Sig P238 actually, but I have never seen these on sale, and I'll be damned before I pay $750-800 for one.. this Kimber micro 9, looks similar, but from everything I have heard . Kimber is simply not a reliable pistol, and some models have had really poor reliability with multiple issues, and have made a lot of owners very unhappy.. Still, I love the look of the Kimber and it sure looks nicely built.. anyone here have first hand experience???.. btw, I wish each and all here on DC.com a very happy Thanksgiving!!!... bob

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The Solo was a disaster for many people. I wouldn't put my hard earned money into this one until I hear overwhelmingly positive things about it.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
They are on sale Fri morning at Bass Pro.. its 70 miles from here, and I would have to be there between 5 and 11 am to get that price.. 6 hour Black friday only sale. I am considering it.. Thats a great price on a Kimber... However, I really want a Sig P238 actually, but I have never seen these on sale, and I'll be damned before I pay $750-800 for one.. this Kimber micro 9, looks similar, but from everything I have heard . Kimber is simply not a reliable pistol, and some models have had really poor reliability with multiple issues, and have made a lot of owners very unhappy.. Still, I love the look of the Kimber and it sure looks nicely built.. anyone here have first hand experience???.. btw, I wish each and all here on DC.com a very happy Thanksgiving!!!... bob
You'd have to get there well before 5am. I'd do it. For the price they're selling it for, I'd do it. You could easily get your money back.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Just an update from me ... I've carried the Kimber Tactical Custom for over 10 years, and bet my left and the life of my family on a Kimber every day. It has never failed me ... BUT it is a big firearm in the fact it is a 5in, .45 ACP. So with that said ... I did as you mentioned and purchase the MUCH smaller Micro as a backup gun, and a gun I will carry when I am not carrying. Stand by for updates from the range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My father has a Kimber micro .380, and so far it's been 100% reliable. But it only has a little under 1000 rounds through it. Same goes for his ultra carry 3" it's been 100% reliable. But it has even less rounds through it. I'd estimate around 750 or so.

But for what it's worth, that's being cleaned and lubed regularly and always cleaned after the range. So I don't know how they handle being dirty. I will be buying a kimber super carry ultra+ here shortly and I expect that will be the same reliability wise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
The prices have been dropping..and the all stainless MICRO 9 would make a great companion to this:

Or a LW Commander .45

I'll probably buy one after I get a FDE P10 Compact in a couple months, or when they get them in at CZ-USA
@15 or so ounces..The MICRO 9 would be a great backup in my ankle holster.

As for the P10 C in FDE, I've waited over 5 years for CZUB to make a modern striker-fired pistol

A couple months of waiting is no biggie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts