Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just took ownership of this Kimber Micro 9. Came equipped with the TRUGLO TFX Pro Day/Night Sights. I like that combination of tritium at night and fiber optic during the day. It came with one 7rd mag, but I had purchased another Kimber 6 and 7, so I used all three with equal number of rounds in each to test both pistol and mags. For what it's worth, I did not clean before shooting. Opened the box and let the lead fly. Shot mostly 7 yards.

Only had time for about 225 rounds as follows:

50 124gr Wolf steel case FMJ
50 115gr PPU brass FMJ
75 124gr brass reload FMJ
50 147gr Federal HST JHP

Rather uneventful. Every round chambered, fired, and ejected without a fuss. I was more accurate with it than any of my other 9mm carry size pistols. It seemed to shoot at point of aim with less effort on the sights. The sights were right there when I brought it up to line up with target. The Hogue grips were a winner for me. That was a near perfect grip with a very solid and stable feel. After the 225 rounds, I had no wrist or hand soreness. I would call it an easy shooter, and I think the grip played a role in that.

Feels like good quality. Happy with what appears to be good reliability. Trigger was not too light. Safety had a very defined detente that took deliberate but smooth effort to take off. Really liked the sights. Too early to make a definitive call, but an impressive start.

Same pistol different lighting. Bottom looks closer to real color.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I would have preferred an aluminum finish frame, or even black frame, but I took the color I was able to find at the lowest price.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
From what I can see, Kimber has about worked out the kinks in these Micro lines of pistols. I bought myself a .380 with night sights on my birthday on the 15th of this month. Was more or less an impulse buy. Price was normal in these times. Not cheap of course... but anything concealed carry is hard to find in stock now a days. This little thing shoots really well with ball ammo so far. No failure to feeds or eject. I didn't shoot much with the scarcity of ammo right now but it indicates it will be a nice option. I didn't have anything in .380 right now and have a number of 9mm options so I went with this little thing. Like it so far. Seems to be a fully functional example of one.

Second picture is it laying next to a Sig Sauer P938 (9mm) for size comparison.

IMG_7216.jpeg

along side a Sig P938. Sig is about 1/2 longer slide but about same size grip frame.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
mmm-HMM!

Those Kimbers sure are purty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts