Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one today.

Alls I can say is it BETTER DAM WELL be nice... for the money the want for these things and their special magazines! They are both expensive!

LOL... I mean it.

Anyway they are nice as far as features and feel. They got it all. All the extras on them. And they sure look quality and feel it. I will shoot it tomorrow and give you my impressions and results after that.

Sneak peek...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best sell your body... or someones kidneys...

Extra mags also expensive. About $50 each and nothing else fits it. But... mags are not cheap for anything these days I suppose. And Kimber is a bit stingy with the mags. Only comes with one.

More... note ... very hard to capture true color of the slide. Ill try and get that better in natural daylight light tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
It's size and shape is very close to a Sig P938 by appearance, albeit all dressed up. It's a looker.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep they pretty dam close...

Feature for feature... similar in price too. Both pricey guns. The Kimber more so in the end but more features out the box so similar.

·
Administrator
21,398 Posts
As much as I like those sights on a G17, I would not opt for those on such a short slide. Then again given that most treat these as 0-3' guns it's probably not going to be that bug a deal.

That's a wide front sight to be that close to the rear.

Hope the gun works out for you.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've been looking at 938's and the micro 9's. Very interested to follow this.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do like the 938. It's sort of my primary and stays in the truck most times.

I do not know yet about this Kimber. I still have to shoot it. Couldn't get to that yesterday. I have a church about a 1/4 mile away and don't like to disturb them on Sunday mornings and then I went to a ballgame in the afternoon. Its raining today so not sure but Ill try and run a couple mags through it this afternoon just to function check it. I only have the one mag at the moment cause the cheapskates didn't give you but one. At least Sig gives you 2.... Hear me Kimber?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts