Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering some opinions about the Pro CDP II.

I have a Sig P220 and love it. But really want a 1911 for CC as well.

Does anyone regularly carry this gun (CDP) or what are some other suggestions.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have one and carry it during the colder months of the year (like now) in a Galco IWB or a Fobus OWB paddle holster. I love it. I have CT laser grips on it and 3 Wilson Combat 8rd mags for it...one in the gun and 2 for carry. It's a great carry .45!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I regularly carry a Tactical Ultra II and love it. I also carry a G36 (45 ACP) and G32 (357 SIG) and would trust my life to any of the three. I think the only major? difference between the Tactical and Ultra lines are the mag well and a bit of melt. Of course your barrel would be longer than my Ultra's. My Kimber has been 100% reliable, shoots as accurate as any other pistol in my stash, and is comfortable to carry and shoot. Nothing to complain about here.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Since you mention other suggestions, the Springfield Micro-Compact in .45ACP is a really nice carry gun. Price is probably around the same.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I have the Ultra, had the Pro, and traded the Pro for the Compact. Same length barrel as the Pro, but the shorter grip of the Ultra. Now I have just the Ultra and the Compact.

The Pro CDP II was a great gun...you'll love it.:yup: I just preferred the shorter grip.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Comments on Pro CDP

I have a Kimber Pro CDP which I bought 5 years ago and have carried sometimes. I have fired about 2000 rounds through the gun with no problems. It has a number of advantages for carry, including the factory "melt" job, stock night sights, fairly light weight (28 ounces) and a thin profile. I added slim grips and a single side safety to enhance the gun's slimness.

My only reservation about the gun is that the grip is fairly long and you must carefully position it on your belt to avoid printing if you bend forward or sit down. The end of the grip tends to stick out. The grip on officer's size 1911s is shorter at the cost of one round in the magazine. Something like a Glock 23 also has a shorter grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts