Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
I just got around to posting the pix of that CDP I picked up at the store last night.
Came with everything you see in ther pics.. Papers, wrapper, intruction manual, and accys... From what I can tell, the gun was a Custom, made in 2002 (as a trial run gun) The Custom Shop brochure says "Fall 2003" on it so I believe this was one of the very early Pro CDPs.. Night sights are VERY strong, the frame to slide is VERY tight.. no scratches at all on it....COMPLETE "meltdown treatment" to the weapon. The Alessie holster fits like a glove. Not bad for about $700 bucks huh ? :biggrin:
Full range report to follow ASAP for those who wish to consider this type of pistol :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice looking gun. I like the 2 tone with wood grips.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Very good catch!

My Kimber Combat Carry (predecessor of the CDP Compact) cost me over $600 used and with no mags.

I really like the look of the CDP series!

Enjoy the gun and post a range report after your first range trip.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Really sharp looking and a good price. Enjoy!! Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
You did good on that one! the Internal extractor is a plus for sure. I have found that the black anodizing (spl?) is not very durable, but that is a great gun for a great price with mags and an Alessi to boot.

Good job.

TI........

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats. You got a great deal! That would've brought at least 100 bucks more in my area.
The CDP pistols are put together a lot better than other Kimbers imho. I have an Ultra CDP and it runs like a swiss watch. Never had a single malfunction with any ammo type or brand and it's a tack driver.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - that is one pretty piece - not surprised the grin I can't see is so wide "biggrin:

Now - where is that ''envious as all get out'' smilie? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Just followed a similar path. My friendly local dealer made me an offer on a Kimber Warrior I just could not refuse, so I didn't :D

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts