Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Kimber ultra carry 2 in 9mm. The issue is that I'm left handed. Can the safety be moved to the other side for a left hander? I don't really want an ambidextrous safety if at all possible. If it can be done, I will bring it to a gun smith to have it done.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The safety cannot be switched. I don't know of anyone who makes a "left hand" single-side safety. I have, however, seen a few people who have installed an ambidextrous safety after machining off the lever on the left side of the pistol (right-hander safety). I'm not sure I'd recommend taking it all the way off, since if the shaft going across to the right-side safety lever (for left-handers) safety should ever break (and they occasionally do), you need to use the standard lever to actuate the safety.

·
Premium Member
34,127 Posts
I just picked up a Kimber ultra carry 2 in 9mm. The issue is that I'm left handed. Can the safety be moved to the other side for a left hander? I don't really want an ambidextrous safety if at all possible. If it can be done, I will bring it to a gun smith to have it done.
The Ultra Carry II was my first carry gun. I carried it Condition Zero.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
The safety on the left side of the frame is what locks the slide. You'll want to keep that part for certain. Ambi safety, with milling to fit your want, could be the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts