Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I have a tactical ultra...very similar except no CTG laser grips.... mine has been nothing but reliable...I carry it often...

·
Registered
921 Posts
That Kimber was on my short list...

Got the little 3" Raptor instead and @ 250 flawless rounds...

I love this handgun!

Go for it!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
My EDC is a Kimber Ultra CDP II. Really an outstanding handgun. If you like laser sights, then the Crimson Carry is a good way to go.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've owned every major brand of 1911 over the last 30+ years, and I give Kimber a very big thumbs up.

:3a:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I want one too.

Maybe Santa will bring me one. I've been very good this year.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the CDP Ultra II and it has been flawless. I did buy 2 Wilson mags, which can only help.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a Gander Mountain Limited edition(250) Kimber Ultra Carry II with factory CT and rosewood grips.

The only difference between the two, that I was able to find was the trigger, two tone and serial number starts with KGMxxxx(maybe others have more info)

I would recommend one to a friend.:redface

Attachments

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
UCII ... It's my EDC. Excellent shooter and scary accurate.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx for all the comments...this is next on my list...whats the going price of this gun?

·
Registered
116 Posts
thx for all the comments...this is next on my list...whats the going price of this gun?
I saved about $200 off of their website price at the gun show in Pasadena last week on a Kimber Pro Carry II. You will love the Kimber.

·
Registered
48 Posts
MY Ultra Covert II w/ CT laser grips and my Ultra CDP II with CT laser grips. They are nice.
Do you have any issues with the slide stop not pin being countersunk with those laser grips? If not...I might go with the Pro CDP 2 over the Crimson Trace Pro and put laser grips on after the fact. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
The end of the slide stop pin is no problem with the CT grips. I put them on my Ultra CDP after I shortened the ambidextrous thumb safety. Now the RH thumb safety can't get knocked off safe. The Crimson carry has a blued slide and no nght sights. I prefer the stainless slide, because it shows less holster wear. The black finish on my alloy frame shows lots of holster wear from practice, but alloy won't rust, and the stainless slide shows no marks. The stainless ultra carry with night sights makes a nice platform for the CT grips, too. Although Kimber supports 4" and 5" models for the 22 conversion kit, it works fine on my 3".

I'm months back ordered on all the Kimbers at dealer net for my students, so if you see one, snap it up. If you have the patience of Job, PM me for quotes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Gunthorpe and Bowhunter. I'm also considering Springfield's Champion Operator. Any opinions on this gun? I like the ramped barrel so there are no issues of feedramp gouging and I like the fact that its has a series 70 type fining pin. The dual spring captive recoil spring should also save some frame battering with the aluminum frame. The Lifetime warranty also appeals to me:image035:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts