Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won’t see this on MSM because it kills the narrative. The trend is concerning though - it was 5x a few years ago. So rifles are becoming a bigger piece of the pie, but still well behind knives.

Maybe Beto will come after my wife’s chefs knife instead of my AR.

·
Premium Member
39,179 Posts
I suspect that handguns have taken up the slack from 5 to 3.5 times rather than rifles. That said, I also suspect that most killings are committed with whatever weapon is available. Except for premeditated, longer-range work, long guns are generally not available when killing time comes around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The argument should have never been Guns kill people- it’s people kill
People. I’ve heard stories of many objects are used in killings so it’s a false narrative

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
The argument should have never been Guns kill people- it’s people kill
People. I’ve heard stories of many objects are used in killings so it’s a false narrative
It's easier to demonize guns than people. Besides, guns don't vote......

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect that handguns have taken up the slack from 5 to 3.5 times rather than rifles. That said, I also suspect that most killings are committed with whatever weapon is available. Except for premeditated, longer-range work, long guns are generally not available when killing time comes around.
I agree. Which further supports the notion that the attack on AR15s is misguided.

·
Premium Member
39,179 Posts
I agree. Which further supports the notion that the attack on AR15s is misguided.
Unfortunately, in order to support the notion that the focus needs to be directed elsewhere, handguns immediately become the next hot topic.

Reactions: StripesDude

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, in order to support the notion that the focus needs to be directed elsewhere, handguns immediately become the next hot topic.
Of course it could never be the breakdown of the nuclear family, or the aversion to including religion in schools, or the unwillingness to discipline children, or the psychoactive drugs they pump into kids, or any of the other decays of society we’ve seen lately.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
As long as there is an inanimate object to blame there will be no necessity to deal with the fact that there are humans with no conscience or sense of remorse, only the primal urges and evil intent.

People would rather believe in a panacea explained by identifiable objects than have to deal with the simple fact that some humans are less than human in their actions or mentalities.

Defective units should be returned to the maker for warranty adjustment. Sometimes that requires the ugly process of execution for those who have clearly demonstrated no redeemable qualities.

Yeah, I know they have moms and grandmas, probably a loving baby mama (or two, or three)and a few offspring, probably just on the path of enrolling in a program to become drug and addiction counselors, ready to finish college as soon as the check arrives, and they all seem to find Jesus during pre-trial confinement.

·
Registered
VIGILANT CURMUDGEON
363 Posts
I always thought ... Guns kill far fewer people than Knives kill people.

I am so glad of this post , StripesDude . I’ll send the link to 3 of the squeamish , whimp , associates .
Better get going … thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last time I looked, the FBI stated that about 450 people were murdered by "long guns". These would include rifles, shotguns and the dreaded AR-15 assault rifle. This would imply that the AR-15 is responsible for LESS than 450 deaths last year. Meanwhile, opioid overdose accounted for 94,000 deaths in the same year.
Hows that war on drugs coming?
FBI murder stats

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
This data has all been available and known by everyone who cares to know. Rifles are the target because when they are the biggest threat to the government. A bunch of people armed with handguns and knives isn’t a concern. Crime is irrelevant.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
This data has all been available and known by everyone who cares to know. Rifles are the target because when they are the biggest threat to the government. A bunch of people armed with handguns and knives isn’t a concern. Crime is irrelevant.
Well, that's sort of a tactical error isn't it?
Partisans have always started out with less than optimal weapons.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Everyone already knows this OP. The liberal argument is that a person can not stab hundreds of people multiple times within a short period of time while causing the type of wound that a "high powered assault rifle" causes. The fact that more people kill more people with knives does not negate their talking points.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Someone wants a knife ban 🔪🏴‍☠️
In the UK, they actually talk about "knife violence" in the same way we talk about "gun violence" in the U.S. They have a bunch of knife laws on the books, and many of the EDC utility knives we can openly carry, conceal carry, and keep in out vehicles and homes are illegal in the UK. Trust and beleive that they will go after knives once guns are banned.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
In the UK, they actually talk about "knife violence" in the same way we talk about "gun violence" in the U.S. They have a bunch of knife laws on the books, and many of the EDC utility knives we can openly carry, conceal carry, and keep in out verhicles and homes are illegal in the UK. Trust and beleive that they will go after knives once guns are banned.
I know, and see the writing on the wall.
It is my understanding it is very difficult to buy kitchen cutlery in many parts of the uk, Australia’s wardens are proposing similar restrictions on knives and vendors who sell them.

We don’t see it in our media, but China has a massive problem with people going off the deep end, and choosing to go out, while mass stabbing the population.
It is common that schools are chosen, and young children specifically targeted in mass stabbing attacks there.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I thought the murder rate for knives outnumbered ALL firearms deaths, not just rifles. Rifles are rarely used in gun deaths.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts