Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was suppose to slap a new Eotech on my Scorpion Evo SBR and let a few of you know how I like the set up. What I recieved instead of the xps3-0 was a counterfeit optic! Needless to say I called and emailed Amazon and chewed their butts thoroughly. Whats worse is Amazon sold it to me directly I had $600 in points so I used that. You would think a big company like Amazon would have more accountability over their own inventory. I plan on returning it monday and they said the money will be in my account as soon as I drop it off at UPS. I was pretty ticked off and still am fuming pretty good. It was obviously fake it just feels cheap. When you press the night vision button it changes the reticle from red to green. Also the window had a reflective tint to it and the reticle was perfect like other LED optics not a little fuzzy like a real Eotech. And it was a tad bigger in certain areas but also lighter. Also the battery compartment had a spring unlike the real ones. I put it next to my real Eotech and tried taking a photo comparing the battery compartment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I checked out the product on Amazon - apparently there are other 1 star reviews with the same issue. I am surprised that Amazon has not rectified this.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sorry you got snookered. Buy local, know your dealer, pay the extra coin. Plus, if he/she tries to pull a fast-one? Their throat is more readily...at hand. :image035:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry you got snookered. Buy local, know your dealer, pay the extra coin. Plus, if he/she tries to pull a fast-one? Their throat is more readily...at hand. :image035:
LOL... True.

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Amazon is a victim of the their own success. Their shipping facilities seemingly cover several hundred acres. I can't imagine how much manpower would be needed to inspect every item in their inventory. No excuse though. At least they do honor their word IF you get something that's not right. When I discovered several small items to be counterfeit, Amazon told me to keep it, throw it away, or whatever I deemed proper. They instantly sent out a replacement genuine item. A lot of the problem is all the "fulfilled by" vendors, which are really warehouses in port cities who get shipments directly from China.

Be aware that they also have problems with the advertising from the manufacturers at times. I ordered a Roku + that was advertised to have the VUDU service available in an app. I have some cartoons the great grand kids love on there, and my FIRE did not get VUDU. I read the Amazon page and the ROKU page, and both claimed it has VUDU. What I didn't do (lesson learned) was read the VUDU page which listed compatible devices. Long story short, you can save money with Amazon, you can't just go down and buy something without a little research beforehand. I understand they are opening some retail stores here in Houston.

Back on topic. I have an original Bushnell Holosight clone of the EOTech. I got it at my LGS many years ago (1990 or so). It is just a whisker less performance-wise, than my real EOTechs. I've beaten it up pretty bad, and it still works perfectly. I think (not sure) it might have been made in Japan. Who knows, it might have been a blem from EOTech.

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
Brownells has a "No Question Asked" Return Policy.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee on Everything We Sell

If you aren't completely, 100% satisfied with any purchase you receive from Brownells, for any reason, at any time, return it for a full refund or exchange. No hassle, no problem. And, we won't bog you down in endless paperwork. Your complete satisfaction with each and every product we sell is what's most important to us.
On things susceptible to counterfeiting, I'll pay more for the Brownells Guarantee.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry you got snookered. Buy local, know your dealer, pay the extra coin. Plus, if he/she tries to pull a fast-one? Their throat is more readily...at hand.
Yeah no kidding! I'm not a violent man but if I could've hit the person that tried scamming me they definitely would have remembered me. Unless of course it was a woman.. or Chuck Norris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts