1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
144,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
This looks like an excellent site to have inside your cell phone. My Dad learned all the knots when he was in the Merchant Marine in WWII.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
473 Posts
Awesome! I'm just getting back into knot tying, and this will help me practice at work lol.

·
Super Moderator
18,515 Posts
That one will be bookmarked.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I like how you can pass your cursor over each numbered step so you can tie the knot while you're watching.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Thanks, this looks really nice. Been looking for a source to learn from.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Awesome! I have a few knot tying books and one app so far. Now I have another one. Great site! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Very Kewl. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I was in the Sea Explorers. Sea Scouts were those clowns into uniforms and marching, we were into Seamanship. We sailed a lot, were supported by the local VFW and Yacht Clubs, and we had girls as members. Basic knot tying should be a grammar school requirement. You can do almost anything with a hank of rope, if you know how. Too many times have I seen a mattress tied onto a car roof with twine, really being held on by the arms out the windows. Time to change lanes or pull over.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
The knots that I learned while striking Bos'n have served me well in life.

I forgot how to tie a monkey's fist & turks heads, though. 'Looking forward to learning those again.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Read a great little book on knots/ropes for sailing applications. It covered every knot I'd ever heard of, and then some. Wasn't a "survival knots" book, per se, except from the sailing perspective. Lots of knots were outside the strictly-sailing realm of things. Very informative. ~80pp or so, ca 1988, though I can't recall the title. Excellent book, with wonderfully clear illustrations on how to do all the knots, description of the application, pros/cons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts