Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
I hadn't seen that one before. Any idea how secure the buckle is? I've not used that style buckle before.

It wouldn't be as easy to adjust as the ratchet style but it looks like a good gun belt.
The buckle really looks like my old military buckle as far as the locking/adjustment design. I wonder if it chews up the back of the belt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use a Daltech bullhide belt for OWB carry. This is not a layered leather belt. It is one piece of 1/4” think piece of bullhide. Not too stiff. A belt like this does not stretch, sage, turn or separate and distributes weight evenly. Because of all this, you do not have to overtighten for it to work with the weight of a gun. This decreases the need to micro adjust the belt size. That along with having 3/4” spaced holes and only costing around $30 for very high quality bull leather makes this a very affordable and practical belt. I like it so much I no longer wear my stiffened nylon gun belt with micro adjustable buckle except when I may sweat a ton or be out in the rain. Just my experience for your consideration.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yep, those look like good belts too. Aeres Aegis belts use the same buckle, but with web belts instead of leather.

I went with the Crossbreed to get leather at a lower cost, but they all should work well.
Do you have a bigfoot belt by chance? I'm curious if it's possible to use the crossbreed buckle with the steel lined bigfoot belt.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
The buckle really looks like my old military buckle as far as the locking/adjustment design. I wonder if it chews up the back of the belt.
No damage to the back of the belt from the buckle; pardon the salt stains.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just had one of my kore belts break last week. It's still useable for now. I tried bigfoot but the one I got is way to thick to fit in any of my holsters. I'm still searching for the right belt. I carry owb 99.999999%.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I just had one of my kore belts break last week. It's still useable for now. I tried bigfoot but the one I got is way to thick to fit in any of my holsters. I'm still searching for the right belt. I carry owb 99.999999%.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
What holsters won't work? I've not run into that with any of my holsters with my 14oz bigfoot belt.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Have worn a Kore approx. 6 mo. and no problems.
DID have to re-shape the end to make it "pointy" to pass thru belt loops.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have worn a Kore approx. 6 mo. and no problems.
DID have to re-shape the end to make it "pointy" to pass thru belt loops.
Mine showed no signs at 6 months either.
It is now broken at less than two years.
Worn primarily with LCR in Mitch Rosen OWB, so not much weight involved.
Looks like stress of holster slots is where belt weakened
Have not contacted Kore.
Moved on.
Just purchased RGB as replacement.
Much thicker and more substantial.
Time will tell....

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
+1 on the Nexbelt.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Buy a good sturdy leather belt with a old fashioned buckle. It will last for years. These new fangled belts are a gimmick and a phase that will pass.

·
Registered
19,593 Posts
From my experience, I can tell you that Bigfoot gun belt is great.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I tried the Kore, it wore out too fast. The original style buckle broke, and to Kores credit they replaced it quickly. But then the stiffener in the belt broke.

I lost confidence in it and went to an RGB. The RGB is a little thicker, seems more durable, and still looks good in a suit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The best belt, of the many I’ve had, is the Ares Gear Aegis. It’s 2 layers of SCUBA webbing stiched together with a heavy duty belt buckle.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts