Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
One year old and my Steel lined Bigfoot is going strong. It holds in a bit of a gut and a lot of gear everyday.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Tried but no answer on phone.
They replied promptly to an email I sent them on an unrelated matter. You could try this. I'd like to hear of their response. I have one of their belts for IWB and have not had a problem. Yet. I'm kind of sold on the way their belts work, very handy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have you contacted Kore to see if they will do anything about it?

Esse quam videri
I did.
Sent a very non-confrontational email describing my situation.
Here's where it stands at the moment:
(I don't expect to hear from them again).
Kore response
Since you purchased back in July of 2017, we have significantly upgraded and improved our belts. We have added a reinforced power-core center, so your issue is less likely to happens with our newer versions.

Since your belt is outside of our one year warranty period, I can offer you 20% off a replacement. Just write 20% per Shawn in the notes at checkout and we will issue a refund.

Thank you !
Shawn

KORE Essentials, Inc.
8333 Case Street, Suite A
La Mesa, CA 91942

My response

Shawn,
I thank you for the quick response.
I am fully aware that I am outside the warranty.

I have seen many such comments/experiences as mine
in communities I belong to.

With a total product failure, 20%
is an empty gesture.
Plus "less likely to occur"
does not instill confidence.
I would only return to the brand
if I received a replacement as a means for you to keep my business.
I don't believe that is unreasonable.
Do you?
If you will not, you have lost this customer.

I have already purchased an RGB
as a replacement, but I would have liked to have continued as a Kore customer as well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So you're upset they won't extend your warranty an extra 1.5 years past it's end date? Name one other company that would do that.
I expect my **** to last.

Not upset at all.
Made it clear
Moved on.
The product they were producing was inferior.
You want to patronize have at it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I meant the company... Ha!

Look my only point of the post was to provide example of their CS.
I assembled the RGB today.
Much more substantial.
The RGB is more substantial than the leather Kore. The Kore Tactical belt is more on par with the RGB, but of course they are nylon. I wear the Kore Tactical everyday, and the Kore leather when I need to dress up a little. I haven't noticed any real difference in the buckles of either company. Once the leather gives way I will be switching to using the RGB on dressier occasions, and I guess I will see how long it lasts.
I'm not sure what else Kore CS could have done that far outside of the warranty period. 20% off seems more than fair.

Esse quam videri

·
Registered
253 Posts
The RGB is more substantial than the leather Kore. The Kore Tactical belt is more on par with the RGB, but of course they are nylon. I wear the Kore Tactical everyday, and the Kore leather when I need to dress up a little. I haven't noticed any real difference in the buckles of either company. Once the leather gives way I will be switching to using the RGB on dressier occasions, and I guess I will see how long it lasts.
I'm not sure what else Kore CS could have done that far outside of the warranty period. 20% off seems more than fair.
Esse quam videri
You and Nova think 20% is reasonable or outstanding....
I'm happy for you. Ha!

I only wore the Kore on weekends.
Wilderness Tactical since 2011.
The Kore was inferior.
Like I said before-I wanted to share the CS experience.
Especially since a previous poster stated they emailed well after the warranty and received a replacement buckle.
No charge no questions asked.
So at minimum, they are inconsistent in handling inquiries.
The RGB has a limited lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You and Nova think 20% is reasonable or outstanding....
I'm happy for you. Ha!

I only wore the Kore on weekends.
Wilderness Tactical since 2011.
The Kore was inferior.
Like I said before-I wanted to share the CS experience.
Especially since a previous poster stated they emailed well after the warranty and received a replacement buckle.
No charge no questions asked.
So at minimum, they are inconsistent in handling inquiries.
The RGB has a limited lifetime warranty.
I'm aware of the RGB's warranty. I own one, it also cost me almost double what the Kore did. We will see how well it holds up when my Kore bites the dust. The leather is thicker, and it is stiffer, but no real difference in the buckles. I imagine it will last.
I guess it is a bad thing for a company to extend a courtesy every now and then. Maybe the previous poster was nicer, you know, more flies with honey and all that. Or perhaps they caught them in an overly generous mood. Either way it is a bit ridiculous to expect anything after the stated warranty period.

Esse quam videri

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm aware of the RGB's warranty. I own one, it also cost me almost double what the Kore did. We will see how well it holds up when my Kore bites the dust. The leather is thicker, and it is stiffer, but no real difference in the buckles. I imagine it will last.
I guess it is a bad thing for a company to extend a courtesy every now and then. Maybe the previous poster was nicer, you know, more flies with honey and all that. Or perhaps they caught them in an overly generous mood. Either way it is a bit ridiculous to expect anything after the stated warranty period.

Esse quam videri
Ok
You must not have read my original post
Or you did not understand it..
Whatever. IDGAF.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Beltman belt with a standard style buckle bought 5.5 years ago and worn every day until I got a new belt. The finish is scuffed a bit from me crawling around outdoors, but the belt is just as good as it was when brand new.

I wanted a ratchet belt, so I went with RGB. Incredible belt, and I've worn it every day except for 2 for the last 10 months. I'd buy one again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did.
Sent a very non-confrontational email describing my situation.
Here's where it stands at the moment:
(I don't expect to hear from them again).
Kore response
Since you purchased back in July of 2017, we have significantly upgraded and improved our belts. We have added a reinforced power-core center, so your issue is less likely to happens with our newer versions.

Since your belt is outside of our one year warranty period, I can offer you 20% off a replacement. Just write 20% per Shawn in the notes at checkout and we will issue a refund.

Thank you !
Shawn

KORE Essentials, Inc.
8333 Case Street, Suite A
La Mesa, CA 91942

My response

Shawn,
I thank you for the quick response.
I am fully aware that I am outside the warranty.

I have seen many such comments/experiences as mine
in communities I belong to.

With a total product failure, 20%
is an empty gesture.
Plus "less likely to occur"
does not instill confidence.
I would only return to the brand
if I received a replacement as a means for you to keep my business.
I don't believe that is unreasonable.
Do you?
If you will not, you have lost this customer.

I have already purchased an RGB
as a replacement, but I would have liked to have continued as a Kore customer as well.
Just now received an email from Kore customer service indicating they would be sending me a new belt.
That is what customer service should be.
So to those who thought otherwise, proceed in your acceptance of less than what you deserve.
For that is what you deserve.
And maybe next time, keep your weak opinions to yourself, when another forum member is just trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
To those that have both the KORE and the RGB, will the RGB belt fit into the KORE buckle?

I've wanted to try a RGB for a while but don't like the style of the buckle they use.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
To those that have both the KORE and the RGB, will the RGB belt fit into the KORE buckle?

I've wanted to try a RGB for a while but don't like the style of the buckle they use.
Nope. Both buckles have a tight fit for their belt thickness, and the RGB belt is too thick to get inside the Kore buckle (at least with mine).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Buy yourself a quality stitched leather belt from Galco, Bianchi, Helweg or any other quality maker. They will last for years! I have a Bianchi belt (1.5") that I have owned since about 1980 and I still use it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bave 2 kore belts that I got about 3+ years ago and use to cc my glock19 owb setup 5-6 days a week. They work just like the day I got them and look pretty good except the buckle has a few scrapes as you would expect. I am actually pretty hard on belts and prior to this I went thru about 2 leather gun belts a year. For me these belts have been well worth it and better than my previous belts. So then I just recently picked up a new tactical belt from my local gun shop and it is definitely much, much better than my older belts. It appears they added some screws to secure the belt to the buckle and the core seems much tougher. At this point I am still a kore fan. If it breaks I will let you know but it feels very very stout.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've been using The Wilderness belts for years with no issues but just recently decided to try something different and bought a Kore belt haven't had it very long but so far it's working well. The one I have is nylon because it's what I prefer. If it fails, I'll just go back to The Wilderness belts I already have.
I can never go back to a belt with holes in it. I can never get those set to the right place, even with 3/4" spacing. Time will tell with the Kore.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts