Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd never heard of Kore Essentials belts until I saw a forum thread on Sunday. After reading and watching several reviews, I ordered the Trakline belt with the X1 buckle that evening; I got it today (Wednesday).

Initial impressions: I really like it! It's going to be my new dress belt whether I'm CCing or not. However, I've just finished trying it with the three holsters I wear the most: IWB Bianchi Model 100 Professional; OWB Galco Avenger; Blackhawk SERPA w/ paddle; and the belt handled my Sig P229 (35.9 oz with loaded mag) without any problems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Had mine for about three weeks, now. Just applied for my permit yesterday, but I've been wearing my belt every day since I got it and carrying around the house and it seems like it is going to work just fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im also about to order the Kore Essentials Trakline belt. I heard its a decent gunbelt especially for EDC as its a casual everyday and suit belt design!
Rjinga...does the belt sag in any way?
Im going to carry a Beretta 92fs Inox in a Squared Away Customs, Spartan IWB holster. It will be around 41 oz.
Please give some feedback of the belt in EDC especially with heavier firearmss!!
Great you started this thread!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rjinga...does the belt sag in any way?
Im going to carry a Beretta 92fs Inox in a Squared Away Customs, Spartan IWB holster. It will be around 41 oz.
When you use the word "sag", what exactly do you mean? Regardless of how I tried carrying today (IWB, OWB w/ belt loops, OWB w/ paddle holster), the weight of my gun did not move the belt in any direction. However, as I type this response, I haven't even had my belt 24 hours yet.

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've had this belt for quite sometime now and I too carry my 229. This belt is not designed as they will tell you for duty size guns. My experience is that this belt is great for guns lighter than my g19. While I can certainly carry with the 229, it's not nearly as comfortable as my other belts that are stiffer. I cc aiwb and when I use this belt with any gun approaching 30oz it is uncomfortable after a very short time.

The weight of the gun (in front) causes the belt to dig into my back 180 degrees from where my gun sits. My leather belt I use is the deltech super stiff, which I prefer over my beltman, VERY comfortable, when I compare it to the kore, it's night and day, no comparison. The kore belt is only used if I'm wearing a suit or dress slacks and will carry a subcompact size, anything bigger and I go to my deltech. Also use the snakeater cobra riggers for my "tactical" belt and also handles my heavier sigs no problem.

IMO, the kore belts are nice but for me only used with subcompacts and smaller. If they were to make these for duty size guns, the'd have a real winner.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have a friend that wears his P226 at home regularly with his Trakline belt. So far, no sag or any other issues. The only major thing to consider is to order the "gun" belts if you're planning on carrying anything heavier than a cell phone on it. This is due to how the belt is constructed at the buckle end. If too much weight is applied to the belt, it will literally pull out of the buckle and/or shred itself at that point.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have had one for a while. Imo it's good for iwb but definitely not owb. When I wear jeans and iwb it's great. When I wear dress pants iwb it's sags a bit. I can sinch it down to stop the sag but then it's not comfortable.

If they made this thicker/more stiff (like my aker b21 gun belt) it would be PERFECT

·
Registered
520 Posts
I bought two, one brown and one black so I bought each with a different buckle. If you want you can buy one with a buckle and then a second belt without the buckle to save money but I decided to have two different buckles. Love the way they feel. Only carrying a Shield so not a lot of weight but like being able to adjust with just a tug and having almost infinite choices. If you are buying for carrying make sure you get the gun belt and NOT the regular belt. They say the buckles do not interchange between gun and non-gun belts. If I add to my "collection, I will probably try a Hanks Belt next.

Reactions: rjinga

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've had mine since Christmas. I absolutely love it! As a matter of fact, I sold two of them. I had mentioned the belt to a few friends and I let them try it and they both ordered one that night. The pistol I carry only weighs 30 oz with the OWB holster.

Reactions: rjinga

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
I've had this belt for quite sometime now and I too carry my 229. This belt is not designed as they will tell you for duty size guns. My experience is that this belt is great for guns lighter than my g19. While I can certainly carry with the 229, it's not nearly as comfortable as my other belts that are stiffer. I cc aiwb and when I use this belt with any gun approaching 30oz it is uncomfortable after a very short time.

The weight of the gun (in front) causes the belt to dig into my back 180 degrees from where my gun sits. My leather belt I use is the deltech super stiff, which I prefer over my beltman, VERY comfortable, when I compare it to the kore, it's night and day, no comparison. The kore belt is only used if I'm wearing a suit or dress slacks and will carry a subcompact size, anything bigger and I go to my deltech. Also use the snakeater cobra riggers for my "tactical" belt and also handles my heavier sigs no problem.

IMO, the kore belts are nice but for me only used with subcompacts and smaller. If they were to make these for duty size guns, the'd have a real winner.
I could see those issues watching how flexible the belt was they were demonstrating. With very little time, I'd need another new belt. That thing isn't going to hang 41 ounces of loaded 1911 on it without issues pdq.

Hope the OP is happy with the belt, I learned long ago, but quality, not comfort for the job of handing a duty size gun off it all day, day in and day out.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I could see those issues watching how flexible the belt was they were demonstrating. With very little time, I'd need another new belt. That thing isn't going to hang 41 ounces of loaded 1911 on it without issues pdq.

Hope the OP is happy with the belt, I learned long ago, but quality, not comfort for the job of handing a duty size gun off it all day, day in and day out.
I have one and you're right. It works great for subcompacts, is fine for compacts, but not a great belt choice for heavy all steel full size guns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had two for about four months now. Carry a shield for EDC and they work great. No wear at all yet and they work dressed up or jeans or cargo shorts. Being able to go up or down in 1/4" increments is great. Eat a little too much, click click, ahhh much better. Feeling skinny, just make it a little tighter. Very easy to do and no one will even know what you're doing. For sure get the gun belt though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got two of their gun belts, black and brown, with two different buckles. Since all my firearms weigh 23 ounces or less, these belts are perfect for my needs. Their real beauty lies in their infinite adjustability. IWB? It fits. OWB? it fits. Not carrying? It fits. No more searching for the right hole, which never seems to be in the right place. Also, ordering is dead simple -- no more measuring. I think these belts are pure genius. But as others have said, be sure to order the gun belts, not the fashion belts. The video the OP posted tells the story.

·
Administrator
144,204 Posts
I think I'm "old school" on belts.

A traditional buckle has always been fine for me.

I make my own leather belts and no shortage of leather hole punchers here so holes exactly where I want them is no problem.

Interesting concept though. I don't have a problem with the mechanics of it as long as it's a durable system.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts