Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,501 Posts
Personally, I would only use Glock magazines in my Glocks. If it's a "closeout", why? You'll never know if it's a "good" deal - but you'll know if it's not. I just don't want to find out it's "not" at exactly the wrong time. Just my .02.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
My local gun shop carries these magazines. I have yet to try one, but I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. They've been on the market almost a year now, so you should be able to Google some reviews.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Hey maybe they'll go into the H&K USP mag business...

·
Registered
79 Posts
KCI Mags

I have some for my G19. they work......... they are not Glock quality.

At first they seem to be the same except for the markings. Little things are there to be found. Kind of hard to pinpoint, but as I use them more, I can see that they are not the same.

IE, Pittsburgh tools from Harbor freight or Snap-On tools. (I think you know what I mean.......)

To quote an old tire commercial, "You can feel it when you drive"

The more I handled them, the more I felt the difference in their function. I had a couple of times where the ammo did not feed up the mag as expected when unloading a mag. They seemed to always fire when in the gun, but to carry.............NO WAY.

They may make the grade as a training mag only and labeled as such for snap caps and doing malfunction drills.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been using the KCI brand G17 & G19 mags in my G23, along with the conversion barrel.
They have worked 100% of the time, and I have no problems to report.

I do agree with the above post from redline4200...
The "fit & finish" of these magazines, are not the same quality as Glock's factory brand.

$10 bucks is a decent price.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought a five pack a while back from ammoman.com. I shot the hell out of them and they all functioned great. I would not use them for carry but they are great training and range mags.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a bunch of them for my G19 and they have all worked fine with over 2000+ rounds thru them. As others have stated, I wouldn't use them for my carry mags but IMO you can't beat them for range time and training. Plus if there is ever another hi-cap magazine ban they will be worth 4x what you paid for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought some for my G19 and haven't had any problems. I use them only for range and pin shoots. For carry, glock mag only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts