Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught this on TV tonight, was shortly after my discharge. The Koreans knew how to unify in a failing police response. They met a genuine threat responsibly and saved lives on both sides. Given their history they saw it as war. Most men were prior service as required in Korea.

·
Registered
555 Posts
And any of us who might try to defend businesses, property, or life quite likely will go to jail.
10-4 - The PR tide certainly does seem to favor the bad actors.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
And any of us who might try to defend businesses, property, or life quite likely will go to jail.
Not sure if the first thing that is going to come to my mind is how is the media going to spin my action.
Are the police going to arrest me?
If I am getting my butt kicked or my house fire bombed, my concentration will be on my front sight only.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Not sure if the first thing that is going to come to my mind is how is the media going to spin my action.
Are the police going to arrest me?
If I am getting my butt kicked or my house fire bombed, my concentration will be on my front sight only.
I get it. I agree with you, but I still think the probability of going to jail is much higher as a result of the events in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I get it. I agree with you, but I still think the probability of going to jail is much higher as a result of the events in the last few weeks.
I’m not worried about “what if” when the wolf is at the door. I will deal with the wolf and then deal with the fallout.
My only warning is DON’T take the fight to them. It makes you look like the aggressor. Make them bring the fight to you and you are the one defending yourself against their unlawful use of deadly force.
Yes. You may get arrested but that’s better than crippled, brain damaged, or dead.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
....My only warning is DON’T take the fight to them. It makes you look like the aggressor....
I think that is the issue with the guy in NM. He wasn't defending his home, his business, his family, etc. He was out trying to defend a statue and got caught up in the madness of rioting. He just might pay a heavy price for that.

Armed citizens going out trying to prevent rioting, looting, etc, are at a much higher risk of arrest than those defending themselves under the above conditions. That shouldn't be the case, but the way things are going in the last few weeks, the risk is going up exponentially. Each of us has to evaluate our willingness to accept such risk.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Part of growing old is that you no longer care what other people think of you.

They sure don't want to come to your door to argue with you!

@Fallsrider It looked to me like he was defending himself. I would wait for the justice system to decide. However, self defense begins with "self" under threat of violent death.

Are we saying now that armed citizens have no right to protest peacefully? What exactly should we encourage armed citizens to do if attacked?

Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Part of growing old is that you no longer care what other people think of you.

They sure don't want to come to your door to argue with you!

@Fallsrider It looked to me like he was defending himself. I would wait for the justice system to decide. However, self defense begins with "self" under threat of violent death.

Are we saying now that armed citizens have no right to protest peacefully? What exactly should we encourage armed citizens to do if attacked?
I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out the difference between what should be the case, and what reality might be.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
There are certainly lessons to be learned there. Aside from actual legal issues, right or wrong we will be crucified by the press, and the powers that be seem to be caving to what ever the press deems a crime.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Military experience? Only thing I see bad is turning his back to the looters and rioters. But that's the way to deal with them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
We had rooftop Koreans during the LA riots and during the recent rioting/looting there were storefront Sikhs. God bless these hard working people who have chosen to use their second amendment right to protect their lives and businesses. Can we please trade the anti-second amendment Americans for more rooftop Koreans and storefront Sikhs?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think the point is that the police seem to be much more inclined to strong arm defenders and act like the rioters don't exist. That is what POs me.

Reactions: Rock and Glock
1 - 20 of 22 Posts