Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since KSCC seems to be gone, I was wondering if there was another message board for KS. At least the greater wichita area? Thanks.

BTW, if there's anyone from my area who can help me find a gunsmith open to teaching an apprentice, please let me know. That's what I need the local board for. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since KSCC seems to be gone, I was wondering if there was another message board for KS. At least the greater wichita area? Thanks.

BTW, if there's anyone from my area who can help me find a gunsmith open to teaching an apprentice, please let me know. That's what I need the local board for. Thanks.
Hey I am from wichita area and am looking for someone to duracoat my handgun, have you ever done that, plus I need a front sight on my kahr i am wanting to replace it, it is plastic. just let me know thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I am from wichita area and am looking for someone to duracoat my handgun, have you ever done that, plus I need a front sight on my kahr i am wanting to replace it, it is plastic. just let me know thanks
Never Duracoated before, can't help you there. The front site I'd be willing to do with someone I know like a friend or family member. But having never worked on a "customer's" guns, only taken a written course in gunsmithing, I don't have a shop of my own or a shop that I'm working for... I probably need to say no. ;) It isn't hard, but I gotta think CYA, ya know?

You could probably do it yourself though. Got a couple small wooden blocks, a vice, a small brass punch, and a small hammer? Just don't tighten that vice down so much it squeezes the rails together. I've seen that happen. If you're thinking tritium sights and don't want to risk breaking the vial, you'll want a press, but with regular sights a hammer jobbie should work.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I'm wondering about it getting back very soon..... after taking this long and not being up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts