Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to give a public thumbs-up to Buck Knives for a recent experience.

A few weeks ago, I was using my daily carry, a Buck Rush, to whittle down a piece of wood. (You know, it's those important things we carry a knife for ...) I went to flip a small chip from the cut, and the tip snapped off.

"Shocked" would be a good term. Never had the tip of a knife snap off like that -- & I certainly wasn't prying on it.

I have to assume it was a defect of some sort in the metal, as the knife is well-made, and every Buck knife I've ever owned has stood up to abuse. (My hunting knife has been a Buck for years, & those things will go thru bone with no substantial problem -- & no tips snapping off, to-date.)

So I sent it back. Explained what happened, and asked if they could help me out. Yesterday, I got my answer: a brand new knife, and a coupon for a nice discount on a new Buck knife, to make up for my inconvenience.

If every company stood by their products like that ... well, we all know that they don't. And it's a mighty pleasant thing to see a company that still does!

Kudos to Buck Knives! I'll continue being a loyal fan. :35:

-- Rev. Doug

·
Registered
116 Posts
Excellent! I have a Buck and am very happy with it. Nice to know they stand by their products. Had a similar issue with a Spyderco. They were fantastic also.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Quality service is as important as the product...sounds like they are 'top rate'...:yup::bier:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I am not it the market for a knife but when I am I would certainly look at bucks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The knife I used the most during my time in the Army was a old Buck 110 folder.... Damn nice knife that took and held a good edge....

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Makes me wanna buy a Buck! :smile:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Bucks are good.....I still have a Woodsman model, that I got for my 18th birthday.....which would make it 40 years old. The sheath is worn pretty bad
but the knife is still in beautiful shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts