Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm a new member to this forum. I just picked up my very first CCDW license in Kentucky today. I live in Louisville and picked it up at the Jefferson County Sheriff's office. Anyway, I was given my CCDW card and noticed it had a green smiley face sticker stuck on the front. Has anyone else out there had that? It's odd and I'm slightly concerned about why it's there. My dad just got his last week and he didn't have a sticker on his. What does it mean or what is it for? I don't know why it's on there. Should I pull it off or leave it on? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
I live in Madison County, and picked mine up almost 3 weeks ago. It has a blue sticker on the front of it, just a dot. No smiley face. I have no idea what it means, but I didn't remove it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
First off, congrats on getting your CCDW permit.
Since the state doesn't put smiley faces on ID'S (none of mine do), it's likely someone from JCSO wanted to wish you a happy/blessed day.

Sent via Tapatalk from somewhere in a distant bunker.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
May be a sticker to show the info is correct and verified before it leaves the office. Each inspector has a different sticker. That's my best guess. Mine from Henry County didn't have it, nor did Mrs Thins.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Must be a Jefferson County thing. I've had one for over 15 (maybe 20?) years. Mine always has a...skull & cross bones. :biggrin2:
Welcome 'Cuz!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I googled it. There's nothing on the FAQ page on the KSP website. Couldn't find anything mentioning it at all. I'll remove it and still carry. Ianthin is probably right. Just some sort of checks system, maybe to see which licenses have been verified/processed.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I googled it. There's nothing on the FAQ page on the KSP website...
What's a Google? If it's not God, you're...trusting it too much! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well Google did direct me to this forum when I was in the early stages of doing CCDW research, so I do have to thank it for that. lol That in turn got me links to the gun, ammo, holster, and belt that I'm using, so it's not entirely worthless. Also good to see a thread with nothing but us Ky boys carrying. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Google did direct me to this forum when I was in the early stages of doing CCDW research, so I do have to thank it for that. lol That in turn got me links to the gun, ammo, holster, and belt that I'm using, so it's not entirely worthless. Also good to see a thread with nothing but us Ky boys carrying. :)
What kind of holster do you use and what do you like/dislike about it? I'm either looking at the Vedder LightTuck or RapidTuck, but I'm not sure yet. I have a Glock 26 and I'm a smaller guy so I'm worried about comfort.

Also thanks again for the answers everyone.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What kind of holster do you use and what do you like/dislike about it? I'm either looking at the Vedder LightTuck or RapidTuck, but I'm not sure yet. I have a Glock 26 and I'm a smaller guy so I'm worried about comfort.

Also thanks again for the answers everyone.
N8 Squared Pro. Carrying a M&P9 full size. The N8 is designed to clip on a 1.5" belt, and completely protects both the gun from your skin and your skin from the gun. I like it because it's VERY comfortable, and due to the way it's made, it shapes itself to your body regardless of where you carry it. The only downside I can think of is its retention mechanism, where you have to give the pistol a very slight clockwise turn n order to draw it. It's not a big deal for me, but it has been a deal breaker for others. I carry it at 2 o'clock, and have no issues with the slight twist. But as I said, it's extremely comfortable. wwwN82tactical.com

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
welcome

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
welcome from Ohio

It says CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON LICENSE the sticker means "Have a nice day" :image035:

Ok so somebody has a twisted sense of humor...................or not............:scared:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts