Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which libtards voted for Sen Reginald Thomas or Mayor Grey but this is what happens when leftist trash gets voted into office.

Not a rats chance of this passing come January but these fools need to be voted out.

The bill would give local municipalities pre emption over the State Constitution allowing all manner of restrictions on firearms and ammo.

If you are from KY you know what to do next opportunity to vote.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
In Kentucky?!?!:blink: Man, that's the last place I'd expect nonsense like this. Hopefully it gets shot down PDQ.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
This guy's hunting for votes or something. I laughed while reading about it last night. His bill is exactly what the libs in Lexington and Louisville would want, but he's got no shot. Even as liberal as the two big cities are, only those farthest to the left think more laws will make a difference. The rest know better, and will freely tell you so.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Here is a link to the infringement it appears to allow communities to enact their own infringements in violation of state preemption.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/17RS/prefiled/BR172/bill.pdf
The real kicker is that it would only allow Louisville and Lexington to set their own laws. A key part, from the article, is the ability to tax gun related purchases. No matter how you slice it, it's never going to happen.

Ky. Senator Wants Cities To Have More Say In Gun Regulation | WUKY

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Liberals are everywhere. They are like old luggage in your basement.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Luckily, there are more voters in the "outlands" of the Bluegrass than inside the "Golden Triangle" (Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort). All those urban sophisticates can OWN who they elect locally, but statewide, they best...MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS. :yup:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
In Kentucky?!?!:blink: Man, that's the last place I'd expect nonsense like this. Hopefully it gets shot down PDQ.
Think about it.When cousins and other close relatives breed with each other bad things happen.

I know that has been the experience in Georgia where I reside.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree it should have no chance but complacency is how we landed a treasonous no show to be president, and complacency may lead to the female extension of his term.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
a. what is an urban-county or consilidated government? how does this differ from city or town?

b. love how this calls to end constitutional preemption, then section 5 says any preemption of this bill is a violation. they just don't get irony. so if state congress can overwrite state constitution and earlier state law, they don't see future laws preempting this?

c. looks like the KY constitution allows for this, at least as far as cc:
The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Bloomberg, is promising a lot of candidates and those in office money, if they will push that type of agenda. He's decided he's had little luck on the Fedl level, and even effecting elections of Senators / House Reps, so he's turning towards trying to have an effect on State laws and the local levels.
He said he has learned, that is where he needs to do it.

I'm betting if you dug in to it, you'll find his money in there somewhere.

Lame bill .... hope it has no chance.

They want to 'change" and "modify" some laws here .... translation : they know they would never get them repealed, so they'll try to change them. And Bloomberg & others giving candidates $$$$ for Dem's and Moderates to win ... Moderates mean to them Moderate Republicans. To us here, the translation for a Moderate is, someone who is a RINO ... wants to get into office, wants to win, and knows they can't unless they call themselves a moderate Republican to get on the ticket ... but bottom line they are a liberal Democrat in disguise. LOL.

Reactions: Rock and Glock
1 - 11 of 11 Posts