Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for a full kydex clam shell AIWB holster (3 months or more) I am having to make my Old Faithful serve the duty....

I require a high ride (for full shooting grip extraction) and I require close to body for concealment.

I have altered my Old Faithful to do both with the addition of a wedge.

If you use this kind of holster you may be interested in this post......if not thanks for stopping in.....

0000aiwb4.jpg 0000aiwb3.jpg 0000aiwb1.jpg 0000aiwb2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
You hot glued a pickle to the back of your holster?!?! J/k I guess if it works, how is it for all day comfort? What exactly did you use, a sponge?

Reactions: Ksgunner and Aceoky

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You hot glued a pickle to the back of your holster?!?! J/k I guess if it works, how is it for all day comfort? What exactly did you use, a sponge?
It is a soft spongy form of styrofoam very soft and very comfortable. I don't know the technical name for it......

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
Does this not adversely effect the concealability of the gun with it pushed out away from your body like that?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Brings new meaning to the term "wedgie".:danceban:

Reactions: dben002

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ccw9mm: dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?

TN_Mike: Does this not adversely effect the concealability of the gun with it pushed out away from your body like that?

You guys are confusing me....(easy to do)......here's me today...I see nothing sticking out anywhere...If you do please tell me where so I can correct it.......and even if something was sticking out my girlfriend would just think I was happy to see her......

0000aiwb2.jpg 0000aiwb1.jpg 0000aiwb3.jpg 0000aiwb4.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
While waiting for a full kydex clam shell AIWB holster (3 months or more) I am having to make my Old Faithful serve the duty....

I require a high ride (for full shooting grip extraction) and I require close to body for concealment.

I have altered my Old Faithful to do both with the addition of a wedge.

If you use this kind of holster you may be interested in this post......if not thanks for stopping in.....

View attachment 76303 View attachment 76304 View attachment 76305 View attachment 76306
Thanks, dben! I'll have to try this when my Old Faithful comes in.

Reactions: dben002

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was actually thinking about adding some foam to an appendix rig I just bought. I have a little bit of a gut so I figured adding foam to the bottom of it would balance it out.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
dben: If the gun's butt-end is pushed further in toward your body, then the lower portions of the holster are shoved outward, yes? How does that impact the concealability of that end of the rig, pooching out through the fabric of your shorts in the way it appears to in that last photo? Or, is it a problem at all?
You guys are confusing me....(easy to do)......here's me today...I see nothing sticking out anywhere...If you do please tell me where so I can correct it.
I was referring to what appears to be some outward/forward movement in the fourth photo that you'd previously posted (this one). But then, it's a little hard to know for certain with so few views of your pre-change look versus now. Perhaps it's really not an issue. If not, great! Reality is, most everyone will just assume it's a wallet or some other "thing" in there, if they notice at all, as always.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was referring to what appears to be some outward/forward movement in the fourth photo that you'd previously posted (this one). But then, it's a little hard to know for certain with so few views of your pre-change look versus now. Perhaps it's really not an issue. If not, great! Reality is, most everyone will just assume it's a wallet or some other "thing" in there, if they notice at all, as always.
I do carry a wallet in that front pocket...actually the tip of the Kydex shell is at the bottom of the flap of the little fake pocket (with the button) on the front of the shorts....I folded the shorts up under the bottom of the entire leather backing so the entire rig is only this deep........

0000aiwb5.jpg

·
Premium Member
37,525 Posts
er

Mike, thanks for the link....I have to have a higher ride height than this holster allows...for me it's just way to close to the belt line......here is about how close it is and I can't get a full firing grip which is something I demand for my holsters..

View attachment 76330
The only way to get that full grip you are referring to is to have 1-1/4" between the bottom front strap of the grip and the belt-line. That can be achieved either through canting the holster forward or raising it upward, or a combination of both. The lines you drew through the belt loop does not accurately demonstrate how that holster will ride, as they actually depict a rearward cant. To be more accurate, the lines should be parallel and at about 90 degrees with the slide edge.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buying holsters has become a pain worse than having wisdom teeth pulled via your anal cavity...The two I was considering was Raven ACR and Darkside....BOTH ARE IN EXCESS OF 3 MONTHS TO GET !!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Can't really and don't want to wait that long.........SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......I ordered the Comptec 2:00 O'clock AIWB...be here in 7 to 9 days.......OH well....such is life......

If I make a mistake it's 69 bucks down the drain..and I'll reorder and wait the 3 months......

Buying holsters.....:gah::aargh4::gah::aargh4::gah::aargh4:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well, I personally think you made a mistake. I think the 2 O'clock is a terrible appendix rig, but maybe it will work for you. What size Glock did you order it for? I hope it was for at least a G19 length else it is going to want to tip out over the belt.

The most sought after appendix holsters take longer to get for a reason................innovative design and a lot of shooters want them because of those design features.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I personally think you made a mistake. I think the 2 O'clock is a terrible appendix rig, but maybe it will work for you. What size Glock did you order it for? I hope it was for at least a G19 length else it is going to want to tip out over the belt.

The most sought after appendix holsters take longer to get for a reason................innovative design and a lot of shooters want them because of those design features.

Good luck.
I hear ya!!!!!!! talked to them on the phone and they said it's made about an inch and a quarter longer than the gun type specified....we will see....Well..won't be the first or last time I threw away 69 bucks...LOL...but the last time I did it she was a lot curvier than this time....LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts