Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the interest of keeping everyone up to date, I did not want this to get lost in the prior thread I started about the sheriff's action to close all L.A. County gun stores. Here's the latest...

LA County Sheriff Gets Smacked Down, His Order to Close Gun Stores is Reversed by County Attorneys

In what can only be good news Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva’s order to close gun stores in the county was reversed by county attorneys, who said that step was illegal.

Via FoxLA:

Sheriff Alex Villanueva told FOX 11 reporter Bill Melugin that county counsel Mary Wickham issued an opinion that gun stores can be classified as essential businesses under the Governor’s statewide executive order.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/la-county-sheriff-gets-smacked-order-close-gun-stores-reversed-county-attorneys?fbclid=IwAR0g6WiyBC5VTxsOYTqaiLGc0mSasJMBrD7brrVkCsY2SjwqDUVOmlwpfEY

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I wonder if the Los Angeles County Sheriff realizes that they're a prime example of why the founders put our right to bear arms to pen and paper. Probably not.
Probably not! His attitude is that all these new gun owners are a problem to him! And without what ever training he deems necessary they should not be able to buy those guns!
The Sheriff in Madera County actually encourages gun owners and CCW holders! He pays for the CCW class for anyone who signs up! When asked what he does about gun safety He can point to that program. And he encourages the seniors in this county to carry always!
What a difference in attitudes! DR

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
Anyone who has ever been in law enforcement should remember the "Golden Rule" we live by...

Law Enforcement doesn't MAKE the laws, we just ENFORCE the laws.

Stupid Sheriff thinks himself to hold a higher office than he does.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Even the uber progressive commune of Boulder County has gun stores listed as "Essential Businesses", no court action necessary.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Anyone who has ever been in law enforcement should remember the "Golden Rule" we live by...

Law Enforcement doesn't MAKE the laws, we just ENFORCE the laws.

Stupid Sheriff thinks himself to hold a higher office than he does.
I should add to this that they must always remember for whom they work. And that would be We the People.

·
Registered
33,931 Posts
I should add to this that they must always remember for whom they work. And that would be We the People.
And it's We the People who should vote people like that out of office, but it just doesn't work that way. The majority of We the People voters put them in there.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Except I don't see them doing much begging.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
957 Posts
Probably not! His attitude is that all these new gun owners are a problem to him! And without what ever training he deems necessary they should not be able to buy those guns!
The Sheriff in Madera County actually encourages gun owners and CCW holders! He pays for the CCW class for anyone who signs up! When asked what he does about gun safety He can point to that program. And he encourages the seniors in this county to carry always!
What a difference in attitudes! DR
L.A Sheriff department is under investigation having been found to have deputies belonging to gangs and possibly recruiting gang members.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Well Joe Biden made it clear he does not work for us. That viral clip at the autoplant will haunt him.
Yes he did and yes, I hope it does follow him. The man is truly IQ deficient. Really don't want him in the Oval Office.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
They beg to differ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then they don't understand the Constitution and who owns the government and all of its agencies at the federal, state, and local levels.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
And it's We the People who should vote people like that out of office, but it just doesn't work that way. The majority of We the People voters put them in there.
True.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
The pinheaded sheriff of Wake County North Carolina just announced the same thing. Suspended until the end of April. He has shown himself to be a jackass since having been elected.

ETA that I left Wake and Durham counties in my rear view a long time ago. They voted him in....now they gotta vote him out.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts