Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Sigh, it was me. Sixto put me on probation for using the second letter of the alphabet and the 19th letter next to each other when I called "bologna" on some left wing nutcase. I didn't spell it out but the 2 letters next to each other, well, after re reading the rules, I deserved it. I'll try to be better in the future. On a good note I'll be off probation in March. Late March :(
I was on probation for a couple of years here. LOL
I've just come to realize we have some very thin skinned folks here that need a bit of babysitting & protection from us big mean Christian conservatives. So, I just watch my p's & q's a little closer on this forum. We just aren't as free here as we are on the other forum that is pretty much "member" moderated. But, that's ok; we have some great members & mods here for the most part.

This is actually my very favorite forum for SD scenario discussions and learning ways to fine tune my skills. :wink:

-

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've just come to realize we have some very thin skinned folks here that need a bit of babysitting & protection from us big mean Christian conservatives.
-
I haven't seen anyone on here that "needs protection", they all handle themselves very well. But I think the reasons the rules exist is to prevent this place from descending into chaos. And with some of the heated topics that do come up, it very well could.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
I have been on a " Member " moderated gun forum in my state and let me tell you they are like a pack of wolves with a little less manners . ( i do not go there anymore ) I really believe you can make your point without insulting the other members and i like treating people with respect .

·
Registered
796 Posts
Everyone reacts differently to certain situations. I'm not going to disrespect anyone on here. Personally,if i make post on a thread,it's to the thread. If someone questions my opinion they are wasting their time. I don't mean to be rude,but i'm not going back and forth with someone,i know absolutely nothing about. I don't care to convince some random person why i posted anything,if it's nothing more than an opinion. So far as i'm concerned, there is no reason to get mad or ugly on here. It's way to easy to just ignore something i don't like,or someone i don't know.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Everyone reacts differently to certain situations. I'm not going to disrespect anyone on here. Personally,if i make post on a thread,it's to the thread. If someone questions my opinion they are wasting their time. I don't mean to be rude,but i'm not going back and forth with someone,i know absolutely nothing about. I don't care to convince some random person why i posted anything,if it's nothing more than an opinion. So far as i'm concerned, there is no reason to get mad or ugly on here. It's way to easy to just ignore something i don't like,or someone i don't know.
Since I just joined, I guess I missed the ugliness/drama. No to mention, I'm with him. ^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Just to clarify, I didn't use those 2 letters together in response to anyone on the forum, rather I was directing my challenge to an article, not to anyone here. I felt the author was full of cow stuff so I used those 2 letters - to my everlasting shame.

I find this forum very interesting and educational. The folks here make it so. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
Sigh, it was me. Sixto put me on probation for using the second letter of the alphabet and the 19th letter next to each other when I called "bologna" on some left wing nutcase. I didn't spell it out but the 2 letters next to each other, well, after re reading the rules, I deserved it. I'll try to be better in the future. On a good note I'll be off probation in March. Late March :(
If you get pulled over, are you required to inform the officer you're on Sixto probation?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know what I missed but let's all play nice and not get ugly. This ain't Congress - nor would I be part of it, if it was:wave:

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
I think many of us have been hit with an infraction at one time or other. They run a tight ship.
Well over 7000 posts, and only one infraction. Tight, but fair.

Reactions: tcox4freedom

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
EVERYone is a hamster-brained chucklehead about...SOMEthing. I'm simply less wise, while more opinionated, than most. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could someone please help me, don't know how to post or start a convo. All help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Simple - Treat me good and I'll treat you BETTER. Treat me bad and I'll treat you...WORSE. I've found y'all, both Mods and seasoned members, to be (generally) old-school polite. Newbies sometimes have a predetermined bone-to-pick and/or point-to-make. And when the rest of us don't immediately recognize their genius and wholeheartedly agree, it's THEN that the labels, names and insults seem oddly justified from their POV. When that happens I have two choices; dismiss them as the popcorn-fart trolls that they're showing themselves to be or...TAKE 'EM ON. And which way I go depends on my mood at the moment. :biggrin2:

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.