Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Name calling is not good. Most times it is just an inarticulate and immature way of responding to someone else's opinion.

However, sometimes it is appropriate and deserved.

Personally I prefer to beat idiots on this Forum (Whoops! Sorry!) down with logic, common sense or facts. If I can't do that, I just keep my pie hole shut.

If you write something on the Forum that is purposely provocative and controversial (in a bad way) or just downright mean and disrespectful to other forum members then maybe a little name calling has been earned.

I don't recall any instances where I have participated or been reprimanded for name calling, but I can remember I few times after reading a posted comment/retort that generated a name calling incident when I have thought "Yep! Couldn't have said it better myself!!"

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
IMHO, name-callin' towards me is JUST fine. As long as the names are...comPLETELY complementary. :biggrin2:

Insults? I (try to) take a different tact. If I'm on my Zen, I remind myself of an ancient Chinese proverb. "If you go to a party & the celebrant declines your gift, to whom does the gift now...belong?" :image035:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Getting called a name on an internet forum is a badge of honor. It means some anonymous person possibly 1000 miles away from me got upset about another anonymous person who they will likely never in their life get anywhere near, and has no effect on their life, saying something they didn't like.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Getting called a name on an internet forum is a badge of honor. It means some anonymous person possibly 1000 miles away from me got upset about another anonymous person who they will likely never in their life get anywhere near, and has no effect on their life, saying something they didn't like.
If you enjoy name calling, you must LOVE Facebook. :rofl:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ignoring Facebook has turned any numbers of regular folk into a (labeled) subversive, dangerous sub-culture. Yaaaa Us! :cheerleader1:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Since I only know a very few people here personally from PMing them, I have no idea what your thoughts, feelings, and opinions are. The big problem with the webz is that the nuances of speech are not transferable to the written word, for the most part. I have always assumed that we are all mature adults on this site, and as such, have out grown the juvenile name calling. For the largest part, from what I've read, this holds true. The mods here do a excellent job of reining in the conversations that go off the rails. There will always be those who are incapable of controlling their emotions, but for the greatest part, this site appears to be well contained.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Shout out to the moderator's AGAIN, for keeping things civil on another thread that was closed today, AND I'M GLAD IT WAS CLOSED!!!

·
Banned
3 Posts
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM. :smile:

hahahah

·
Registered
1 Posts

forum rule no. 2:

i have noticed excessive labeling and name calling recently, and would like everyone to re-read forum rule number 2 above. Thank you for your consideration. :wave:
good day, it seems me excellent that respect is maintained as a rule of the forum, without offensive words or grossings and less insult or use an inappropriate language to direct our companions of the forum, make my money to respect each of these rules.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.