Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife likes shooting a G17 Glock and is a pretty good shot with it as well but she's going to take her CC test soon and the G17 isn't exactly what I'd call a mouse gun. So my question, I'm hoping some of you ladies who actually carry will share your thoughts on this. You guys who's wives carry are free to chime in as well. Pistol and method of carry would both be of benefit here.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
My wifes CC gun is the Kahr CW9. Small, but not too small, easy to shoot and reliable.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I think one of the best first carry guns would be the Ruger LCR.

My wife used to have the LCP but racking slide and keeping it from stove piping was a problem. She fell in love with the LCR at a gun shop and I got one for her birthday. She wanted the .357 magmum.

It is a powerful little devil to say the least, but you don't have to shoot .357 magmum, you can shoot .38 special and also the Plus P cartridges.

Wheel guns are easier for a woman to opperate. You also can get speed loaders to facilitate reloading. The LCR has an extremely smooth cam-assisted trigger pull that makes it in my opinion one of the best revolvers out there. It comes with Houge grips and molds to your hand like putty.

Maybe consider that for her carry piece.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
My wife carries a Sig P238 Equinox with 7+1 Gold Dots in a Remora holster. This combo seems to work well for her and lots of practice & drilling has made her very proficient :)

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
My wife loves her Beretta Px4 subcompact in 9mm with the small backstrap. She's still needs to take her CCW class but she's already started figuring out how she'll carry it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
When my wife started thinking about CCing she thought it would be the LCP. Since that beginning time she has gotten comfortable with my CM9. Small, easy to conceal and packs a punch with +P rounds from Hornady. That is what she will be packing when CCL comes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife loves her G17 too. She actually went with a G27 for CCW, although I have a feeling she's going to settle on a G23 when all is done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I carry a Sig p938, and I love, love, love it!!! For ease of shooting and concealibility, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better. Of course, your wife would have to be comfortable with carrying cocked and locked....

That said, if I were going to carry a revolver, it would be the LCR. Another nice mix of concealibility and relative ease of shooting...

As for method of carry, I'm still perfecting it! I have a Crossbreed Minituck, which is probably my favorite to date. The only problem with carrying around the waist for me is that I have my baby girl on my hip for a significant portion of my day, kicking my shirt all over the place. My Remora ankle holster is handy but definitely not comfortable, and I know it's not the ideal as far as drawing.

Opinions are like ****, though...everyone has one! :smile: These are mine, but she needs to play with lots of different guns to decide what she likes!

And as an aside, I have spent years lurking on these websites and being too intimidated by all the men to ever join and post. I can't even tell you how happy I am to read about more and more women starting to carry! You go, girls!!!! :danceban:

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Mrs 10thmtn carries her LCP and a spare mag in a Kangaroo Holster. She likes that it does not depend on a belt (which she hardly ever wears) and that it keeps the gun up above her hip (where she needs to carry our daughter). It also makes going to the bathroom a whole lot easier! :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Love my Sig P238 SAS. It's my primary carry. My second favorite is my Glock 19. Method of carry for both is IWB with a Remora for the P238 and PJ's custom kydex for the 19. I also carry the 238 in a belly band when I run.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mrs 10thmtn carries her LCP and a spare mag in a Kangaroo Holster. She likes that it does not depend on a belt (which she hardly ever wears) and that it keeps the gun up above her hip (where she needs to carry our daughter). It also makes going to the bathroom a whole lot easier! :lol:
Looked at those once; didn't suit me but now that you bring it up I'm gonna leave the webpage up on her computer so she can tell me about it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts