Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies,

My wife is making the move today from purse/car/safe to IWB. She does not own a belt and for now she has no desire to own a belt.

She is out shopping now with a Remora with a UtilClip carrying a G43 cross draw. Not sure she has decide on what to carry. There are one or two options around here.

Any ladies carry IWB without a belt? She is also considering a belly band style.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My wife uses a Galco Underwraps Belly band holster, and loves it. Very comfortable, able to conceal a M&p9c no problem, and allows her to wear the same setup, same location of carry no matter what she is wearing, as it works with pants, shorts, dresses, doesn't matter. Also has built in pockets for spare mag too. Distributes the weight very well, and doesn't sag. Even I have to give her a little side squeeze/hug once in a while to see if she is carrying or not, as nothing prints! :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the Alessi holster have a special unbreakable clip, according to them, that can be used with out a belt, they recommend to clip under the belt if you desire to use one, his holsters are of excellent quality and very thin leather, usually e-Bay is full of them (new).

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Same here, hate belts but wear mine IWB. I like soft and am ultra sensitive to some materials next to my skin, what I use may or may not be what she wants but it's easy on the pocketbook (bonus) if she doesn't like it. What I got came from Bass Pro and it's their brand "Red Head" (same brand as the wonderful new safe me and DH got). It's made with a clip that I find is strong enough for some snug fitting pants like jeans or dress pants. Can be worn on all sides, very adjustable. Its synthetic material like nylon but softer however it does have a nice nylon clip that keeps the gun in place good but is easily and quickly undone with a move of your thumb - They have more than one that style and I would suggest to make sure it has the snap on top if she tries it. Under $20.! I liked it so much I got one for several of my babies, even the double chinned ones! :wink:

*If wearing sweat pants I have to put a belt on, sweat pants will not hold it up with one of those, fyi.

On the belly wrap, sounds good but I'd try it first. Personally I wouldn't want to have that much elastic around my body, would feel like I was suffocating (and I'm allergic, would look like bees got me from the rash :embarassed:)

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
If a woman does not want to wear a belt I can't imagine that she would want to wear an elastic belly band which is going to be a lot tighter than a belt - or Kenny's beloved 3 speed which is going to add noticeable inches to a woman's waist line. Maybe Sister's suggestion would work for her? It's one she could try in the store, anyway (with an empty gun!) and not have to order unseen. I wear a belt, even when I'm using a Remora holster.

Reactions: Sister and CWOUSCG

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Can Can Hiphugger that I use with shorts or pants without belt loops, as well as skirts. I also use it for going to the gym. I find it prints more than my Crossbreed IWB, but I can usually adjust it to get decent concealment.

·
Registered
787 Posts
When carrying IWB I use a belt. Not a gun belt, but a reasonably cute one from the dept store (it has butterflies) I hate belts and at first I tried carrying without one but it's actually more comfortable and is more secure with one so I suck it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
When carrying IWB I use a belt. Not a gun belt, but a reasonably cute one from the dept store (it has butterflies) I hate belts and at first I tried carrying without one but it's actually more comfortable and is more secure with one so I suck it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I found a solution to that problem, this past summer we moved to where they make lots of wonderful homemade bread and ice cream and sell it on every corner ~ eat enough of that as a nighttime/daytime/breakfast snack not only will you sleep better but your gun will fit more snug LOl! :wink:

Seriously, I can tell how much weight I have gained and need to lose according to how my jeans fit with my gun. Time to push away from the carbs for me.....sigh....:frown:
(gun ain't going anywhere anytime soon though, lol)

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
+1#Lish Found out the IWB with a belt is the best system and stuck it out until she found a system that fits your wardrobe, when your wardrobe isn't "gun instructor ".

#Sister has some good choices too. I have a PT2 belly band style that is the most tolerable I have found in that style. I also use a Remora for a S&W 442 with elastic waistband pants/shorts.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
You can buy elastic belts which are fabric with a belt buckle and an elastic core. They don't need to be in a belt loop. It's kind of like a stiffer elastic waistband for your pants or tights.

We also like the Blade Tech style, of which there are many. They offer a very minimalist version with a robust single belt clip, and one that just covers the trigger guard, are quite inexpensive.

The best thing, though, is that your spouse is going away from off-body (purse or bag) carry to an on-body method.

It's not clear why she doesn't want a belt, ever, but you can also find elastic waisted pants with a hidden drawstring upon which some holsters will clip ok, if the string is relatively thick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love my belly band for deep concealment- it's actually pretty comfortable. I carry a p238 and the belly band is the most secure feeling way I have found to carry. I can use it wether or not I have a belt, under a skirt. I don't like to tuck my shirt in so it lays over it fine without printing. In the summer months I do like to wear a tank under the belly band otherwise I get sweat on my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
My wife also caries no belt most of the time knee length jean shorts... modified her holster with a UtilClip and all is good locks on to her pants and will not come off. a worth while modification to any holster

·
Registered
200 Posts
There's always the PistolWear trump card. IMO, it's strictly an aiwb carry type holster due to no cant. Sweat proof material and attaches with snaps once you adjust the Velcro for your body length. Also, not as wide as a belly band so it worked out for me better in the summer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

She ended up ordering this one with the Util-clip option. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

In Turquoise if you ladies were curious. :redface:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts