Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Florida residents attending the Lakeland show this weekend? This is the one held by the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club in the Lakeland Convention Center with over 800 booths. I have heard that it is a great show with lots of hard to find and unusual items. Of course it being Easter weekend I am getting up at O-dark thirty to drive for 3.5 hours and take a peek and then turn around and travel back home. I'm hoping to find this;
http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=865&return=Y
As well as a nice Colt pocket nine to try and woo the wife from her PPK so she will have a better defense caliber.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ohhh cool! I have Sunday off. Il try to make it.

There is alot of gunshops around here, but they dont carry much that I want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats about a 45 min. drive for me. Ill definately be there

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's too bad that I have to work. I'm chained to my desk until the end of May.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got back from Lakeland a couple of hours ago and I am a little disappointed. There were absolutely no new model Super Blackhawks to be had in .44 or in .41. I did see a couple of nice Colt pocket nines but they didn't want to haggle and the prices were too high. I did find a very nice Smith model 57 with a 4 inch barrel so I grabbed that instead of the Ruger. I'll post picks on Monday when I can borrow the camera from work, since ours got stolen during our trip on Thanksgiving.

There were tons of M1 Garands and Carbines, so when I am in the market for one of those I will be back.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Rocnerd said:
Well, I got back from Lakeland a couple of hours ago and I am a little disappointed. There were absolutely no new model Super Blackhawks to be had in .44 or in .41. I did see a couple of nice Colt pocket nines but they didn't want to haggle and the prices were too high. I did find a very nice Smith model 57 with a 4 inch barrel so I grabbed that instead of the Ruger.QUOTE]

Some people get all the breaks. I went to 3 gun shows in Feb and Mar and searched every table for a model 57 and never even saw one. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks like I have to work on Sunday:frown: . Two jerks call in "sick":mad: .

Oh well, I could use the overtime, and my family is way up north. Ill get my revenge during the first week of July. Someone will miss seeing fireworks, while I celibrate my birthday.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, here it is. The model 57 .41 magnum, and just because Chris would want to know, it is pinned and recessed :smile: ;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts