Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the Crossbreed SuperTuck as my first holster. I'm a larger guy (5'10" - 255) and I'm curious if some larger guys utilize this holster and how they secure it. I guess I'm lucky in that most of my donelap is in the front and not much on the sides or back. In casual day-to-day wear... I wear my pants/shorts and belt on or at the hips (under my gut) and not at the waist (over my gut).

For any guys out there with a spare tire and who carry IWB (which I know is probably more difficult, but some of you guys have to do it)... where does your pants and belt ride? The waist or the hips?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have more of a compact spare than a full size. Pants sit at the hips, and I carry either in my little bear or bluegrass holsters between 3:30 and 4:00.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, while I may not be considered a very large guy, I am 5'11" and weigh in at 210; I carry with a crossbreed super tuck deluxe and find it to be very comfortable. I have a 36" waist, but buy my jeans in a 38" to account for the holster and I carry at the 3 to 4 o clock position with no discomfort what so ever.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
6' 230(ish) and I wear mine at 4 o'clock. I tried appendix carry for a while and it was great for concealment it was a bit uncomfortable and now the bottom of the holster has a bit of a permanent bend to it from when I would sit my thigh would push it out a bit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 6'3, 248 and carry the CB supertuck at 4 o'clock with no problems. It does get more comfortable after a couple of weeks and the leather has formed around the gun and to your hip.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
6'4" 320# Belt position same as yours, and Supertuck is around 3:30

Two things I have noticed about big guys and Supertucks.
1. Spare tire pushes the backing out. This causes the thumb safety on my 1911 to catch the top when reholstering.
2. I wear mine to work. The outward force on the barrel when I sit has caused my front sight to wear a hole in my slacks. I'm considering making the modification shown here to protect my clothes.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
2. I wear mine to work. The outward force on the barrel when I sit has caused my front sight to wear a hole in my slacks. I'm considering making the modification shown here to protect my clothes.
That is slick. I have heard of people doing that, I wonder why Mark doesn't offer it as an add on, say for $5 or such.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd send mine back and pay him to do it if he offered it as an add-on.
I concur, I would do the same.. Hmm, maybe someone should address him regarding this?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys! I've been researching and researching and it just seems that people can't seem to stop talking about how great a holster the supertuck is.

I went ahead and just ordered the horsehide supertuck with a crossbreed belt also. Now the waiting game begins! =)

·
Registered
166 Posts
6'1" 235# no problems here- I wear it at 4 O'Clock, and my belt is below my gut...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Brock,

I'm 5' 7" and 225 pounds...soggy in the middle. The Supertuck is an excellent holster. I've owned several and am now dwindling that down to just 2 rather than 7. We've started consolidating a lot of our toys.

That said, it will depend a lot on what you're carrying. If you're carrying a double stack .45ACP, you're going to have a big problem. If you're carrying a XD9SC for instance, it will hide quite well. 1911's can even be a problem for the waist-line-challenged (hey, round is a shape too!).

I wear at 3 and 4 o clock with my belt at my waist, gut hangs over a little in front. Make sure you have a good, sturdy belt. It will make a world of difference.

Remember, you must wear it religiously for a few days to let the leather break in and become comfortable with it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
6'1" 223# - Supertuck Deluxe carried at 3 o'clock w/SIG229, belt at hips. Have used other holsters, and got this one and haven't use anything else since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For any guys out there with a spare tire and who carry IWB (which I know is probably more difficult, but some of you guys have to do it)... where does your pants and belt ride? The waist or the hips?
5'11" 210 with a small belly-- Supertuck at 3:00. Smith and Wesson M&P 45c. Very comfortable and disappears. Belt at hips.
If you try the Supertuck I think you will like it! Remember Mark will take it back if your not satisfied.

Good Luck,
MN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts