Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Kershaw Zing that I really liked, but it grew legs, apparently. It was the only blade I had, so I shopped hurriedly, and ended up buying a Gerber Paraframe. It came in a package with a mini-scissor/bottle opener tool for 25 bucks, and I figured it would probably do.

Wrong. For one thing, I couldn't open the thing with one hand. As if that weren't bad enough, I also couldn't clip it in my pocket with one hand. The clip wasn't moveable, and there is a spur of the skeletonized frame right behind the clip that catches when you try to slide it in a pocket. Terrible design. And about that skeletonized frame, it has an opening big enough for a person to cut themselves badly with the blade closed. Terrible knife.

Today, I used it for the last time, to open the package containing my new Spyderco Delica 4 I bought with an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. I'm happy now.

That is all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In fairness, I should say that I'm enjoying the little Gerber scissor tool thingy, so it wasn't a total loss, but the Delica is head and shoulders above that silly Paraframe.

Anyone know who has the best prices on band-aids?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice choice on the Delica. Next Father's Day, maybe.

On the band-aids, try Discount Safety Gear. It sells by the box (20 or 50 band-aids), and it's still a very good bargain. Here's the link: First Aid Kits Scroll down the left hand list and click on "Individual First Aid Items". They have a nice selection.

Hope that helps. Happy New Year to ya!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I played with one at Cabela's one afternoon and reached the same conclusion you did.

I bought a Kershaw Blur. I almost bought a Shallot, but I like the textured handle on the Blur better, although I really liked the shape of the Shallot's blade. (geez, what a convoluted sentence)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.