Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Kershaw Zing that I really liked, but it grew legs, apparently. It was the only blade I had, so I shopped hurriedly, and ended up buying a Gerber Paraframe. It came in a package with a mini-scissor/bottle opener tool for 25 bucks, and I figured it would probably do.

Wrong. For one thing, I couldn't open the thing with one hand. As if that weren't bad enough, I also couldn't clip it in my pocket with one hand. The clip wasn't moveable, and there is a spur of the skeletonized frame right behind the clip that catches when you try to slide it in a pocket. Terrible design. And about that skeletonized frame, it has an opening big enough for a person to cut themselves badly with the blade closed. Terrible knife.

Today, I used it for the last time, to open the package containing my new Spyderco Delica 4 I bought with an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas. I'm happy now.

That is all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In fairness, I should say that I'm enjoying the little Gerber scissor tool thingy, so it wasn't a total loss, but the Delica is head and shoulders above that silly Paraframe.

Anyone know who has the best prices on band-aids?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bought the same package, the scissor thing is nice, the knife not so much.

My Gerber Gator fixed blade is an excellent knife.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Gave my son The Delica for Christmas...
He was over last night and It warmed my heart watching him flip that baby open over and over with the thumb hole :smile:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice choice on the Delica. Next Father's Day, maybe.

On the band-aids, try Discount Safety Gear. It sells by the box (20 or 50 band-aids), and it's still a very good bargain. Here's the link: First Aid Kits Scroll down the left hand list and click on "Individual First Aid Items". They have a nice selection.

Hope that helps. Happy New Year to ya!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I played with one at Cabela's one afternoon and reached the same conclusion you did.

I bought a Kershaw Blur. I almost bought a Shallot, but I like the textured handle on the Blur better, although I really liked the shape of the Shallot's blade. (geez, what a convoluted sentence)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts