Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its Friday night and about 10:30 or so the wife says lets go shopping, so off we go to Wal-Mart. As soon as we get there I head to the sporting goods area with wife in tow. Darn no ammo in the cases except some 30-06 and 270 . Just then a pallet is carted to the area and a nice lady asks if we need anything? Well I don't suppose you have any ammo do you? Well let me check the pallet sir? About this time my wife is getting antsy and wants to leave so she can shop. Less than a minute later the clerk says all I have are 9mm? I look and its Winchester white box FMJ 100rd value pack...Yes!! I ask her if my wife can also get 3 boxes as that's the max you can buy each day. Sure she says, but your wife has to get them, I tell her to hold 6 boxes and I'll find her and be right back! Found wife and we left with 600 rds. !! Each box was less than 25.00, I like shopping at night! :image035:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Grats. Nice haul. I haven't seen 9mm in Walmart since last fall. If things don't turn around soon I will have to curtail training either late summer or fall. Not looking forward to that.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
You didn't hang around until midnight so it would be another day and you could have left with 1,200 rounds? Tsk, tsk...

:smile:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I just left Wally World and the shelves were bare the guy working sporting goods said the best time to look for ammo is after 7pm and they get trucks in everyday.Whats on them is a bit of a crapshoot. Trucks show up around 4:30pm

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
You didn't hang around until midnight so it would be another day and you could have left with 1,200 rounds? Tsk, tsk...

:smile:
That would be just plain cheeky PEF!!:blink:

Reactions: PEF

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Congrats. Our local Wally's won't sell ammo from 10pm to 6am. At 6 am there's usually a line. I work 2nd shift so I don't get a lot of sleep.
:sleepy:

·
Registered
782 Posts
The guy at the gun desk at ours said they don't stock it in the night. They keep it separate and put in the shelf at 7am. I don't know which days. I got lucky and picked up a couple boxes of tulammo for 11.95 each one day but usually the shelves are bare.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Well its Friday night and about 10:30 or so the wife says lets go shopping, so off we go to Wal-Mart. As soon as we get there I head to the sporting goods area with wife in tow. Darn no ammo in the cases except some 30-06 and 270 . Just then a pallet is carted to the area and a nice lady asks if we need anything? Well I don't suppose you have any ammo do you? Well let me check the pallet sir? About this time my wife is getting antsy and wants to leave so she can shop. Less than a minute later the clerk says all I have are 9mm? I look and its Winchester white box FMJ 100rd value pack...Yes!! I ask her if my wife can also get 3 boxes as that's the max you can buy each day. Sure she says, but your wife has to get them, I tell her to hold 6 boxes and I'll find her and be right back! Found wife and we left with 600 rds. !! Each box was less than 25.00, I like shopping at night! :image035:

^^^^^We all(who shoot 9mm) Hate You!!!^^^^^^^^

right about now!!!!

Right place, right time!
I'm
Very happy someone is scoring on the ammo, instead of the profiteers who have come to rely on being middlemen and marking up ammo and selling it online for more than its worth..
Great find!

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I think ammo is coming back. Albeit slowly, I'm seeing some more, mostly .45 & .40... But, even that was as rare as hen's teeth just a few weeks ago.

Mfgs are running full bore.. (not so clever pun, UN intended). Still no .22 but it will come.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I just left Wally World and the shelves were bare the guy working sporting goods said the best time to look for ammo is after 7pm and they get trucks in everyday.Whats on them is a bit of a crapshoot. Trucks show up around 4:30pm
I have been told the same thing and have seen it to be accurate. The downside is that you have to go to Walmart (at all) after dark...

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

right about now!!!!

Right place, right time!
I'm
Very happy someone is scoring on the ammo, instead of the profiteers who have come to rely on being middlemen and marking up ammo and selling it online for more than its worth..
Great find!
Problem is those guys have been selling the ammo as fast as they list it! I told myself I wont support them, let someone else pay those prices. As much as it hurts to say it I'd rather not shoot if I have to pay the prices they charge.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man when I asked the lady at counter at Walmart if she had any 9mm she just laughed at me. Weirdly enough now there's a midget that mans the gun counter.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Virtually all WalMart ammo must stop at the Mississippi river. Nothing west of there gets ANY ! That's plain old-fashioned Communism! Someday soon the mighty leviathans shall rise up and rid the world of the demon WalMarts. I have to go take my meds now. Have a happy day.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!! Nice way to shop and find the mother lode of ammo. Now to get my wife to shop late at nite.

·
Registered
289 Posts

right about now!!!!

Right place, right time!
I'm
Great find!
If they can sell it online and people are willing to pay the price they are asking, then that is what it is worth by definition. There's a reason why the shelves at Wally World are bare.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Being in the right place at the right time for 9mm ammo is a rarity, for sure.

I thought it would never happen to me, but I was in Gander Mountain last week when an ammo cart was rolled out with the latest shipment, and, amazingly, there was 9mm! It was a Blazer Brass FMJ 350 round bulk pack for $119.99, the equivalent of about $17.14 per 50-round "box" equivalent. While still a lot costlier than just a couple of years ago, it's the most economical 9mm I've seen since last November's election.

Hopefully, more good deals like this will begin appearing in even better quality ammo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts