Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I fixed the avatar upload problem, but we continue to have problems on attaching files. Weird problem that seems to come and go. I have turned in the problem to the script company and hopefully will get it resolved on Sunday. Thanks for your patience.... :smile:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I had a few problems that distracted me from voting 100 percent on your poll. I think you should have waited maybe 2 weeks to poll for how good is the forum because it gets better as we become familiar with settings. It really is good so do a poll in about 1 month! I read your comment as to check your settings and that really helped. I am having one problem with getting my avatar uploaded from my computer or from another url. I get this message; The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again. As to my computer I will check to see if I have any firewall messages in the log file about but don't think so!! So nice going and we do appreciate your hard work.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FortyFive said:
Hi Bumper-I noticed on my system privacy report that cookies were being blocked when your site cookies url are http://combatcarry.com/vbulletin. When your site url for cookies is http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin is defined as such with the www the cookies are not blocked by my system. Just thought I would pass this on.
Hmm, thanks. That's interesting and may explain what is happening in a couple of issues. I will do a search and replace on the back end and try to make sure everything has the "www" attached to the URL.... :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FortyFive said:
I had a few problems that distracted me from voting 100 percent on your poll. I think you should have waited maybe 2 weeks to poll for how good is the forum because it gets better as we become familiar with settings. It really is good so do a poll in about 1 month! I read your comment as to check your settings and that really helped. I am having one problem with getting my avatar uploaded from my computer or from another url. I get this message; The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again. As to my computer I will check to see if I have any firewall messages in the log file about but don't think so!! So nice going and we do appreciate your hard work.
Actually, I posted the poll as a final test of the poll being pulled to the portal page. I don't really wring my hands when someone votes different than I would like to see.

On the avatar, just send it to me in an email and I will hook you up. It's a system problem that I have been trying to resolve for a couple of days now.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
poor guy. now that is serious dedication.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
APachon said:
poor guy. now that is serious dedication.
But I am getting ready to start having fun again! Any day now.... Really! I am :boese46:

·
Registered
940 Posts
FYI, the reason that there's the slashes before the quotes in your transfer of data is that the old software you were using embedded the php escape character so that code couldn't execute etc.

For future reference, you can do a data dump, then do a find and replace on the ' and the " to replace 'em all automatically. :)

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rfurtkamp said:
FYI, the reason that there's the slashes before the quotes in your transfer of data is that the old software you were using embedded the php escape character so that code couldn't execute etc.

For future reference, you can do a data dump, then do a find and replace on the ' and the " to replace 'em all automatically. :)
I suspected that initially, but it's still happening here in vBulletin on data that wasn't imported. What's frustrating to me is that when I asked the question in the VB support forums, they told me it was a MySQL problem. I don't believe that. I may try that next week after the SHOT Show, I'm running out of time getting everything done up so I can get outta town. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
940 Posts
I bet it's part of their recent security patching then - they rewrote large, huge chunks of the overflow handling etc.

And believe me, I understand overworked. I do the ordering for a local dealer, had the gun club's yearly elections last week (on the board again), and had five different servers crash for clients. I'm still thinking it's last Monday. :)

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rfurtkamp said:
I bet it's part of their recent security patching then - they rewrote large, huge chunks of the overflow handling etc.

And believe me, I understand overworked. I do the ordering for a local dealer, had the gun club's yearly elections last week (on the board again), and had five different servers crash for clients. I'm still thinking it's last Monday. :)
Well, you may be right, because I had initially installed v3.0.5 and immediately before we were to go live on the new forum script v3.0.6 came out. I decided to do the upgrade before doing the final data load. I didn't notice the problem in v3.0.5....

I am sorta doing this by the seat of my pants and my pants are getting thin :hand42:

·
Registered
940 Posts
If I hear anything in my travels through data goon lists (my usual evening task here), I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would these SQL statements work? The '"' and the ''' look a little weird.... :mf_bookre

UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, '"', '"')
UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, ''', ''')

·
Registered
940 Posts
Ok, you're VERY, very close. The killer are the lousy single and double quotes, which have to be modified ever so slightly. ;)

UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, '"', '"')
UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, "'", "'")

should do it if your original table name and fields (post,pagetext) represent the actual db you're using. (Cut and paste the commands into notepad or whatever so you can read them better if needed- the browser formatting/default text is evil :)

To make it fly, what I had to do was enclose the single quote-containing text by double quotes, and vice-versa.

I built a quick test data table on my development server and ran it across a couple dozen records with success from the mysql command line.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So it would be (expanded for visibility):

UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, ' " ', ' " ')
UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, " ' ", " ' ")

I thought it didn't look like it would fly, didn't think about reversing them :eek:)

I may take down the forum tonight, back it up real quick and then run the SQL through the Admin CP and see if it flies :smiliedie

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yes, that should do it. Of course, do a backup first - I make no guarantees on the serviceability or merchantability of my evil. :)

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to give it a try tonight tonight, along with the avatar setting.... :cowboy:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.