Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have knowledge of civil law in CT?

Assume there is a "good shooting" - as in, I am not charged with a crime (such as a clear-cut home invasion case). Can the family of the BG still sue me in civil court?

(I've heard in some states that you cannot pursue someone in civil court unless they were convicted of a crime).

Also, does anyone know of a place where I could search court cases pertaining to firearm (handgun) use in CT?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone can sue you whether or not they will win is something different. I grew up in East Hartford and remember a guy that broke into a house got caught jumped out a window sliced a tendant in his leg and sued the house owner.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Depends on your state. In Oregon we don't have a no frivilous(sp) lawsuit law (can't, the liberals around here sue for anything and everything) so yes, I can be sued.

And, depending on how liberal the judge is, I do have the possibility of losing (everyone in this state (libs) think that insurance companies will pay out).

In CT, I have no idea.

Wayne

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm not sure where to find the information but I do know that you can get sued either way convicted or not. Thats the great thing about civil court its totally seperate from crimial court and charges the only thing is if you were convicted the civil suit is more of how much verses did you do it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Did Ya Shoot somebody? :22a:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts