Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I bought a bottle of FP-10 and was oiling my weapon and noticed that the drops that were comming out were HUGE. Even though I put one or two drops on each rail, I still had excess coming out when the weapon was put together and for several days after. So I thought, "How could I get a small beed oil line laid down and hit key points on my triger action in tight spots and just a very small drop of oil.". So I did some calling around and the gun shops did not have anything, the craft stores didn't have anything. I was looking for a small bottle with a metal tube about one to two inches long with a small pin hole. Finally I decided to goto wal-mart and take a look in crafts. After talking to 5+ people and hitting almost every department and going to hunting and fishing twice, I noticed this in the fishing isle. It is called a "Worm Blower" by Lindy.

Here is a pic with the bottle out of the package and the lid off. The bottle has a nice tight snap on lid.

Here is a pic with the needle insert out of the bottle so it can be filled.

Now I have not tried it yet but will let everyone know how it is after this friday for the ritual weekly cleaning.

PS. the cost was only 2 dollars and some cents.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have taken to using one of the syringes available as a set from Brownells - I keep one with Mobil 1 in it and that will deliver tiny amounts as required.

That device too looks ideal.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
ROCK We dont discuss such things on this board:aargh4: :aargh4: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
222 Posts
You should both be ashamed!! :tongue: :tongue: :image035:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Another idea is a kitchen syringe (the needle injector type). It's got a long needle so you can oil moving parts deep inside.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Is That Worm Smiling ?

I use regular Hypodermic type syringes.
I get them them for the museum & have a small pile of them.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I do not use oil on my weapons for lube. I use it for cleaning only. (mostly WD-40 or CLP)For the lube spots on my weapons I use a couple of the high tech greases(very light type),pushed thru a very small "tooth paste tube" type applicator.

For the slide rails,trigger pivot points,hammer pivot points,bbl lugs,etc.,of my pistols,and the bolt rails,etc,of my rifles,I apply it with a small cotton swab.

My AR's I run dry.(I know,I know) I do this because they are not fired more than 50-75 rds at a time between cleaning. Then they get a VERY thorough cleaning. I have been known to spend a hour on a AR or AK. Also,down here in the hot climate the oils tend to "leach" and "seep" when the weapon heats up and I need to be able to hang on to them during competition. ---------

·
Registered
997 Posts
I bought a package of 3 of those needle oilers at my local hobby shop. If I remember correctly it was less than $10.00, in my hand now and no shipping.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can get hypodermic syringes of various sizes at the pharmacy. No prescription required, but you'll have to sign a logbook. I fix mechanical watches, and use a hypo to refill my watch oiler--1/2 ml (about 5 large drops) is enough for 5 or 10 refills and several hundred watches.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I get syringes from a veterinary supply by mail order for our dog breeding business. (to vaccinate the puppies.) I always hold out one or two for my tool box. That is a great way to get small amounts of oil into hard to reach places. (That "worm blower" is an interesting thing though.:rolleyes: )

RSSZ,
When I was an aircraft mechanic (still am, but not active now) we were prevented from using WD40 on aircraft parts because some research showed that it had a corrosive effect in some instances. I don't recall the specifics, but I do remember having to use other "approved" oils. (it was something like an acid in the oil, or forming in the oil, but I don't remember exactly.)
I use WD40 around the house, but the house doesn't fly, or shoot.

Just a little info I remember that you might want to look into, if it makes a diference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts