Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as we are all (predictably) a tad heightened in our thinking on survival aspects etc ..... made me remember something I bought off a guy three years ago - at least. He was selling an Eagle IIRC, LBV - no pic right now.

I only got it cos he was keen to sell, trying to raise some funds and thought that actually I'd not make much use of it. I am thinking different now and tho it is a medium and I'd prefer large - by adjusting straps it does fit tho when on it feels a bit restrictive.

Plus points tho are - three each side good sized mag' pouches - will take 30 round AK mag's. Each side also has good size top pockets.

Back has velcro panels to spare and two rows of loops suitable for 12G rounds. It has also got some ''D'' rings in useful places so you can add extra webbing and more gear.

I now look on this as less of a white elephant thatn I once did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Better take a pic - easier to see then. Only front view but gives some idea. More I look at it and despite not being the most comfortable item of dress I have - it does have more appeal than once!!

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
I have 1 very similar. Works great for ammo carrying and walk shoot senarios we do on the range. Mine has pistol mag pouches above the AR mag pouches as well as a hydo carrier pouch too. I used to wear the mil. LBE. The vest is much more comfortable and conforms better to my body. Coupled with a pistol belt and drop leg holster it works great.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha - Bud - ''Fat Boy'' size - I am sure they do :silly: :wink:

Hey - I know you said or implied you were ''large'' but - you hiding something here LOL!

I am 6'.00" and 200 with 44 chest - so not small but I can squeeze into more than some folks my age!

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
I've got a very similar rig, but I'm not sure I could wear it now, since I've gained some weight. Mine has a crossdraw holster for a 45 or a Beretta built in. I also bought a vest (Level IIIA) off a buddy who got out of the service and declared HIS GPLD (Government Property Lost or Destroyed) It still fits, not sure where I'd wear it, but I'm always looking to acquire items the government expresses an interest in banning.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
yup, got some body armor too. Tryed some old panels , that were beyond expiration date. staill stopped a .40 S&W. Fun shooting diffrent things. We shot a level III mil. vest. stopped all but 6 shot(in the same hole from a .44 mag.) and rifle rounds.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bud, 294 ain't that bad dude - just XXL :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
18,195 Posts
A vest is a good thing. Preposition the essentials in it and just grab it when you need it.

Personally, I like the BlackHawk Crossdraw.

Good for SHTF scenarios or whatever. It needs to have the CamelBack pouch for water in the back. Its easier to carry water that way, even though you can rig some canteens on it. It can carry 6 AR mags, pistol,2 mags, and various other things.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
One of my buddies (the only other person I know here at Luke that actually thinks about these things) has a really nice LBV in his Zombie Kit. (BTW, that's what he calls his SHTF gear.) I keep looking at them myself, but I can't justify the price just yet, especially considering the fact that I don't have a rifle just yet.

A1C Lickey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts