Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think about a smaller carry gun (than my M&P40c)
The two that interest me are the LC9 and the Nano.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The one that SHOULD interest you is the Shield in .40. Same platform, same basic design, less to "learn".

Of the two you listed, the LC9 beats the Nano IMO. I held one and hated it (the Nano) and didn't want a gun named after an iPod. And THAT said, I wouldn't buy either, get the Shield.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I can't comment on the LC9, but I love my Nano. It was one of the first 1000 built (by serial number). It has been flawless. It is very easy to carry and very accurate. Your best bet would be to try to shoot everything you might be interested in to see how each works for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might want to also consider the Sig P290RS or P938. Both are 9mm and I've shot both and can't go wrong with either. I love my P290RS, it has functioned flawlessly since the day I bought it. A buddy of mine bought the P938 and it has also been a great gun.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have an LC9, it is a completely reliable gun, but I have to say I really HATE the trigger. I'm going to replace it with a Walther PPS. With the LC9 f I don't shoot it every couple weeks I can't proverbially hit the side a a barn with it. Just for the record I can easily do an in and a have pattern with two mags at 15 yards with my M&P 9 c.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Shield is nice but still bigger than both. The P290 is about the same price and smaller than the shield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently evaluated the LC9 vs Nano, and eventually bought the Nano. For concealed carry, I liked Nano's lack of external controls and a smoother trigger. I also didn't like the LC9 grip (too short front to back). Both are going to conceal well. I also didn't want the LCP magazine disconnect safety.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Of the two LC9

·
Registered
155 Posts
my daily carry is the nano I did have to send it to a service cener for the infamous extration issues, but since then not a hiccup! I love it I pocket carry 95% of the time witha blackhawk holster and no problems at all. I hqve about 925 rounds threw mine andnits vary comfertable with the talon grips I put on I could shoot that ting all day if there was ammo! my serial number is in the late 40k. so I guess my vote is on the nano!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've owned both, got rid of the LC9 I didn't like the trigger or the recoil. The Nano I still have, it's been great, not a single hiccup. It does look kind of weird in the hand, but I found it to be soft recoiling and very accurate. Love it.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
My brother in law recently bought a Nano and my wife has a LC9. I would be happy with either but the LC9 seems to have less muzzle flip in my hands. I would recommend handling as many different pistols as you can and go from there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I LOVE my Nano. Search the forum. You'll see I'm constantly praising that gun. I don't notice much muzzle flip. I've had zero issues.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'd avoid the Shield, as I've seen a LOT of complaints about FTF and FTE issues, and people stating it takes 500+ rounds to "break one in" which to me just means it's not reliable. I own a shield, after having tried the LC9, and hating the feel of it. The LC9 also has magazine disconnect, which the Nano does not.
Nano offers 6 and 8 round magazines, no mag disconnect, trijicon night sights available as well as Dawson Prec. F.O. front sight, CT or LaserMax lasers, plenty of holsters, Talon grips in granualted or rubberized made for it, and for it's extended mags. The Nano has hardly any felt recoil, feels great in my hand, has never failed once, and is available in 9x19mm, but designed for .40, and Beretta has a .40 S&W version and 9x21mm IMI version on the way. At least give the Nano a look and see how it feels to you. The trigger is very, very similar to a Kahr.

Nano, Trijicon sights, Talo grips, LM laser, Little FoxX holster:

@ 25 yards

1 - 20 of 46 Posts