Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to bass pro indoor range
Was lucky enough to shoot today the first time my LCP just got it last saturday.
only had some hydro shocks ( 2 boxes 100 total) that i got with the gun.
You gotta do what ya gotta do.... couldn't wait to find some fmj to shoot.... so i went ahead and shot the hydro shocks.

out of 100 only 1 FTF and when it happend the slide didn't close all the way, and just barely touch it and it was good to go...
it snap back in to the proper firing position. It happended on 2nd mag in, after the second shot so that left 4 in mag so i don't know if that's because of anything or not, because i have the newer mag with the full skirt.

also shot 6 hornaday critical defense.... had no problem or issues there

All in all..... impressed..........(after the first mag) i got used to the trigger better and had a real good shot pattern. even had 5 shots of one mag all within a half dollar range... pretty proud of myself if i do say so....

my mag that i got extra, that i was having trouble with putting the 6th bullet in .... putting in the 6th bullet is now easier after shooting with that mag in.

actually really didn't see or feel that much recoil difference between the LCP and XD9sc which was impressive. Heard several people say pretty snappy but for me it wasn't that at all.

it cleaned up pretty good.

for my first time out with this was GREAT...... and i feel confident in this gun...

also shot my XD9sc which is always a good day.....
and will always be my #1

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Thanks for the report on your new pocket rocket. Nice shooting!

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
If you had an issue with your firearm almost (but not quite) going into battery then that is really not a "feed" issue since the round has already fed from the magazine and has chambered.
Since yours happened very early on it's really not much of an issue.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hope you really enjoy and carry the LCP.

Wife and I went to range last week and she fired about 65 rounds through her P3AT. She is quite good with it and does not mind the recoil at all. For those who say that these little 380 recoil to hard need to remember they are the most powerful firearm in the smallest lightest package on the market.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Thanks for the range report. Everyone I know has a LCP except me and I want one. I don't find the recoil to bad. The noise for some reason seems louder than it should. Even from my little Colt 380.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you had an issue with your firearm almost (but not quite) going into battery then that is really not a "feed" issue since the round has already fed from the magazine and has chambered.
Since yours happened very early on it's really not much of an issue.
exactly..... but some would think or believe that would be an issue.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Glad you got to shoot your LCP. I haven't shot mine in a few weeks now, but after reading your post I think I feel the need to blast a few off too. Congrats on the LCP, it's one of my favorite carry pistol & purchases. It truly is one that I always have on me and for concealment is hard to beat. :hand10:

GBK

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
Clarification

With such a small semi and that being only one failure in the second magazine run through a brand new gun, I don't think it's really any immediate cause for alarm.
Naturally...if it continues to happen it would (of course) be an issue that needed to be corrected & it's easily correctable.
Often the solution to that problem is just as easy as switching to a high quality slippery gun grease on the rails...which will enable the slide to gain a bit more forward momentum and energy for chambering rounds.

exactly..... but some would think or believe that would be an issue.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've got two LCPs and a KelTec P3AT. Love them both and no problems out of either of them. Great little piece to carry. My wife and daughter carry the LCPs and I carry the KelTec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts