Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on another forum the other day about the new LCP2 and whether or not it would discharge if dropped on a hard surface and landing the 'wrong way', whatever that is. The reinforcing argument was a warning in the Ruger manual that the gun should not be chambered until one is ready to fire it. I personally think such warnings are a response to possible litigation for accidental discharges.

Has anyone every had an issue like this with an LCP2? As a deep concealment weapon, I like the new LCP much better than the older models, but I don't like the idea of the gun firing if dropped. I know, I know ... the odds are remote that I'll ever drop it and even more remote that it could land wrong, but I'm looking for a bit of reassurance here.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,499 Posts
Every gun manual I have ever read says something to the effect of not chambering a round until you are ready to fire. Some older guns would fire if dropped. Most recent manufacture guns won't fire. This subject has been discussed and cussed many times on many forums about many guns from many manufacturers. If concerned, I would call or email Ruger with the question.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
This came up in another thread and it was said that there is a secondary notch or something on the hammer that will catch if the trigger is not depressed.

Most manuals fall just short of telling to never even load your gun for fear of..... never mind.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
the odds are remote that I'll ever drop it and even more remote that it could land wrong, but I'm looking for a bit of reassurance here.

Thanks for the input.
Ok....don't ever drop it. No problemo......:embarassed:

Reactions: Struckat

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
Gunvault tells you in the manual not to store loaded guns inside. Which is kinda the point of owning one. Of course this is just in case someone reaches into the safe and pulls the trigger.

Lawyers.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
There are very, VERY few mechanical devices that are "drop safe" from an adequate height to...BREAK 'EM! :blink:

Reactions: LimaCharlie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.