Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try both and have a comment on the two? Especially length of trigger pull. I believe the lcp II has a short very light take up and then breaks cleanly in single action. I somewhat assume the Glock 42 is similiar.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have both. You are correct on the LCP II and incorrect on the G42. The G42 is typical Glock striker fired trigger. The LCP II is a much easier trigger pull and is pocket sized. It is a harsh recoil little pistol. I have the 13# recoil spring in mine to help tame it. Mine has been 100 % flawless with every round bot JHP and FMJ. The G42 is quite a bit bigger and much much easier to shoot. It is with out a doubt Glock's softest shooting pistol. There were teething problems with the early releases. The newer ones are fine. It is on the cusp of too large for pocket carry. You can shoot the G42 all day at the range and come home with a smile on your face. The LCP II will be done at the range after 50 rounds. There is a huge difference between the two. Having said that the LCPII makes a much better pocket carry as does the LCP Custom. The G42 makes a much better versatile weapon. If your wife is going to shoot it then she will love the G42. Otherwise size wise the G43 makes better sense for a carry pistol than the G42. My G43 is carried by my wife and by me way more than the G42. The LCP II is tossed in the pocket all the time as back up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts