Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out to the range this morning with my new LCPII. Never even shot a .380 before and really dislike tiny pistols, but this is a really nice little shooter.

I shot handloads of various power levels, ball and XTP. Being 11oz mouse gun and shooting left handed due to my surgically repaired right wrist, I started with the weakest ammo. Loaded to the mid point of several paper opinions, the first couple mags were clearly too light. Stove pipes and othe mishaps with very little recoil.

Once I got into the heavier loads it functioned perfectly. Then I moved on to the XTP loads. The book max loads shot really well and the recoil was minimal. I was shooting it nearly as accurately as my CZ75 compact.

The trigger on the LCPII is stiff with a very clean break. It is an internal hammer fired gun, but with a short pull. It is very much like a striker but with a clean single action break.

I am very impressed with this mouse gun. I didn't set out to buy one, it just happened one day placing low ball bids on GB.

Now I must go back to the laboratory and cook a final recipe for the XTP. The book max showed no signs of pressure so I'll take em up a little at a time and see how they look.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I was shooting it nearly as accurately as my CZ75 compact.
WOW, must be a big difference between the LCP II and my LCP Custom. I'm good enough at the distances it's meant for but I certainly don't shoot at well as my RAMI.

Reactions: ca survivor

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Sounds like you had some fun shooting. Its nice to be pleasantly surprised with a casual purchase. I think that the LCP II will grow on you and you'll find yourself slipping it into a pocket often.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I like mine. Added and modified a Hogue grip sleeve (LCP) and it fits my hand great.

Ruger,, was smart to skip the zipperd case that viritually no one used, and add the
pocket holster.
Red Sox, and Rugers!

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, must be a big difference between the LCP II and my LCP Custom. I'm good enough at the distances it's meant for but I certainly don't shoot at well as my RAMI.
With my left hand, normally right handed, I didn't shoot either one what I consider well for me. At this point my right doesn't even work well as the support hand.

I like DA triggers but am glad the LCPII doesn't have one like the prior versions. So small and light + DA gives a lot of opportunity for error. I shoot my 290rs and 649 ok, but there is more to hang on to.

I was putting all shots on paper plates @ 7 yards.
I normally hate little guns and ended up very surprised with this one.
I've seen a lot of comments that LCP have sharp recoil. This is my first .380 and it was very pleasant.

I used four different books to cook up loads and the max listed was pretty soft shooting.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Looks great until shot.

My big thumbs hit the mag and dump it about very 1-2 shots.

Guess I'll be going back to a .357 LCR.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had the opportunity to pick up the LCPII but chose the gen 2 instead. Its smaller,smoother edges and I prefer the DA trigger for a pocket pistol. Ive said this before a few times ......... I do not like the way it looks. To each his own though. Glad you are happy. Congratulations!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scheels has a sale on these right now. Picked up one on Saturday for $250. I had been looking at them for awhile with summer carry coming up. I haven't shot it yet, but I am familiar with the LCP and have shot the gen 1. I love the new trigger and can't wait to try it on the range. I wore it around in my pocket while cleaning the house and could hardly tell it was there.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definently not a long DA stroke, but certainly not a light pull. I have a goog pocket holster and don't play with it, it's not an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts