Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the LCR .22 lr to the range yesterday and started to break it in. I think it's a quality gun but the trigger leaves a bit to be desired. It has a very heavy pull (I've read 11-14 lbs) with a large hump but it seems to break fairly clean. After 200 rounds the cylinder began to bind and the trigger pull became inconsistent. I put another 50 rounds downrange and called it quits. I'm thinking about getting the XS sight but I'm in no rush. I like the LCR and as you can see I left with tons of room for improvement.
Shot from 25 feet

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
What type ammo were you shooting? Some .22 ammo is very dirty (especially LRN bulk) and the blow by can foul a revolver pretty quickly. Clean your revolver thoroughly and try it. If that doesn't fix it, send it back to Ruger. Their CS is great and they will make it right!

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...I think I just got slapped up side da head wit a BIG case of gottahaveone!!! That's neat...and good shooting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What type ammo were you shooting? Some .22 ammo is very dirty (especially LRN bulk) and the blow by can foul a revolver pretty quickly. Clean your revolver thoroughly and try it. If that doesn't fix it, send it back to Ruger. Their CS is great and they will make it right!
This was CCI mini mags. I did fire about 25 rounds of federal bulk but it was grouping several inches to the left and low. I also fired several rounds of BVAC 34 grain, and they grouped identical to the 40 grain CCI's. The gun wasn't filthy when I was done, so I will certainly put another 200 through it the next time I take it out just to see what's going on. I did a good bit of dry firing today and all seems well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...I think I just got slapped up side da head wit a BIG case of gottahaveone!!! That's neat...and good shooting!
Thanks, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice shooting mag! I'm very interested in trying an LCR in .38, I'm betting it'll be more comfortable to shoot than a J -frame...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts