Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a crime scene yesterday. I found some lead bullets, a few after a thru and thru of the victims leg and thigh. I dont have much experience with lead bullets cause almost all the shootings Ive seen have been with JHPs. I had no idea lead expands so much or so perfectly. The rounds looked like they expanded to 3 or 4 times their original dia. and there had to be a violent transfer of energy. It must have been .38 cal out of a revolver "we only found 5 bullets and most of the time the gangsters fire until they hear click". While the shooters aim sucked the bullets really look like they did their job.

Maybe its time I re-examined lead bullets.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
....shhhhh...we can't tell you unless you have your super dooper secret Decoder Ring and know the Secret Handshake.........:blink:

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
42,957 Posts
Jacketed bullet allow higher velocities, not necessarily better performance. It's the "Newer must be better" fallacy.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Don't you know that it's bad for the environment?

Even though the lead originally came out of the ground, you'll destroy future generations by putting it back into the ground. Just ask any California legislator.

:rolleyes:
Did you know our official "State Rock" is Serpentine? It's often rich in asbestos. There was actually a move to change that a while back on the grounds that is is carcinogenic. It failed.

Reactions: WHEC724

·
Super Moderator
19,936 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing what those lead bullets started out as - round nose, semi-wadcutters or HPs.

Nice to get a field report!

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
I would love to see pics of the bullets.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
​My wife carrys Nyclad™'s; I carry Buffalo Bore® 158gr LAWCHCGC. Both rounds are accurate & produce a massive mushroom.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd be interested in knowing what those lead bullets started out as - round nose, semi-wadcutters or HPs.

Nice to get a field report!
They started off as semi-wadcutters. I know cause I found one smashed sideways, "Im assuming it was a miss and bounced around on an angle in the gangway some". I posted in a hurry this am, I should have said "I have almost no experience with lead round nose or semi-wads". Almost all the shootings Ive seen have been with lead HPs, or ball ammo, or as I said JHPs. Anyway they were smi-wads, the kind with the 4 or 5 little ridges in it. I had my cell phone with me and I really should have shot a pic.

As for the damage to the victim I never talked to him or saw the wound. It was just another gangbanger shooting where the shooter couldnt shoot worth a damn. Ive never seen a bullet expand so violently and to such a large Dia. while holding together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts