Defensive Carry banner

Leather sap fighting techniques

24619 13
I have consulted with a lawyer, various lecturers at my university (a security and pre police force and intelligence training institute) and been over both my state laws, regulations and the federal customs act. Batons are regulated, the comtech stinger is prohibited both at an import and state carry level, and due to recent events in my city, police are zero tolerance on knives. Due to a section of the weapons legislation in my state, anything carried with the intent of it being used as a weapon is a dangerous article. If the police, for any reason, suspect you of carrying a weapon, they can search you. You MUST have a VERY GOOD reason for carrying a knife of any description or your in for a bit of jail time. The courts in my town do not mess around with knives.

One of the few viable self defence weapons I've been able to locate that doesn't fall under the definition of a prohibited weapon is a lead filled soft sap. Because I can use it as a massage tool, I could carry it without fear of a charge.

So, aside from the obvious 'aim for the head and hope to cause unconsciousness' or targetting the sciatic nerve, what fighting techniques could I employ?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
A hit behind the ear or on the temple, will put them down. Kneecap, elbo, any other boney surface is another good target. If you have a flat short sap(around 6" length) you can use it like a knife, striking with the edge. Hiting with the edge is quite nasty, from what I hear.
On the law part, is a "slungshot" iligal? If so, some states concider a sap/blackjack as a "slungshot".
and due to recent events in my city, police are zero tolerance on knives. Due to a section of the weapons legislation in my state, anything carried with the intent of it being used as a weapon is a dangerous article. If the police, for any reason, suspect you of carrying a weapon, they can search you. You MUST have a VERY GOOD reason for carrying a knife of any description or your in for a bit of jail time.
I would carry a knife anyhow. As long as it is a small folder that doesnt look like a weapon. If asked by a L.E.O. "why am I carrying a knife?" I would tell him its a tool for cuting cardboard, packaging wrap, ect. As you wrote "anything carried with the intent of it being used as a weapon is a dangerous article.", a tool for work/home is not something intended to being used as a weapon.
Then again,
I dont know if that reasoning would work "Down Under"?

·
Registered
863 Posts
It’s funny to me how here in the U.S. a L.E.O. wouldn’t bat an eye at a pocketknife, but would crap himself if he/she found a black jack on someome:ahhhhh: Where in Australia it’s the oposite:shrug:.

So it must be true! Everything is upside down there,...or is it here:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.